IGNORED

3DO, help needed

Recently i got my hands on an NTSC FZ-10. For a while ive had a PAL FZ-10 with a dodgy laser drive. Anyway, the ntsc one had a blown power board so i simply swapped the psu from my old pal machine. Heres where the problems start, Some games run perfectly and some dont very well at all,namely anything electronic arts. All my disc are bought here in aus so i am assuming they are PAL? or are 3do discs not written per territory? Its freaking me out because complex games like wing commander 3 work fine and dont miss a beat where games like need for speed crash the moment the car starts up. So I need to know if the FZ-10 is finicky about regions? Also alone in the dark 1 & 2 have problems, the main character just disappears,,,

Any info would be great all

Recently i got my hands on an NTSC FZ-10. For a while ive had a PAL FZ-10 with a dodgy laser drive. Anyway, the ntsc one had a blown power board so i simply swapped the psu from my old pal machine. Heres where the problems start, Some games run perfectly and some dont very well at all,namely anything electronic arts. All my disc are bought here in aus so i am assuming they are PAL? or are 3do discs not written per territory? Its freaking me out because complex games like wing commander 3 work fine and dont miss a beat where games like need for speed crash the moment the car starts up. So I need to know if the FZ-10 is finicky about regions? Also alone in the dark 1 & 2 have problems, the main character just disappears,,,

Any info would be great all

849839[/snapback]

The 3DO should play any game just fine. The only unit with a real difference is the Japanese model that has a special character set on the motherboarboard that a few games use. Otherwise, my unit plays everything just fine including European games, Japanese games, etc. Likely if you replaced the supply from the bad unit, that unit has other problems. Can't say why it doesn't like EA games, but it likely has issues caused by the blown power supply. Possibly a misaligned laser or some other issue that the EA games are just not tolerant of. If the games are NTSC and the unit is PAL, it might cause the normal regional video issues, and then again might not. But I can't see the whole thing crashing unless there's another internal problem. One example is... Originally, the Game Gun games were released in England in NTSC format to get em on the market, before they made PAL versions. Those games function just fine, but the gun will not work. If you know anyone with a 3DO or know where to find another unit, test your games there.

well thanks ppl,,,,,,,,, But the psu is universal and makes no difference what so ever, and the laser is just fine as i tried it on the pal motherbord. Heres the reality of my problems

Pal machines play NTSC just fine, no issues here. But the NTSC machines do not like some PAL games at all, particularly the earlier released pal games like N4S. The later release of said PAL game works just fine on the ntsc machine. So there you go, NTSc 3do's do not like some 1st release pal titles, Its a video thing, PAL is more complex etc,,,, Ntsc on the other hand can easliy be displayed by a pal 3do, with the letterbox effect.

Frankly i would prefer to play pal otimized games any day, unfortunately alot of earlier systems had very few games that had been optimzed.

Oh, Flojomojo, its 240 volts here, but this doesnt matter as i am using a psu from a pal machine,,,,,,, as stated