IGNORED

Intellivision TutorVision found w/games

This is a VERY rare find. As was stated earlier, this was supposed to be a give away item for people who bought World Book encyclopedias. They needed a cheap technology gift to entice people to buy the encyclopedia, so they contracted with INTV to create a special version of the Intellivision for this purpose. I don't think the deal ever went through though, so I doubt many were made.

Tempest

Very nice! How much did you pay for it ?

853235[/snapback]

Roi,

I'm almost embarrassed to say. The woman I bought it from thought no one would be interested in it and priced it very low. I had no idea how sought after it was at the time either. It was $5.00 games included.

-Chuck

853235[/snapback]

Roi,

I'm almost embarrassed to say. The woman I bought it from thought no one would be interested in it and priced it very low. I had no idea how sought after it was at the time either. It was $5.00 games included.

-Chuck

853519[/snapback]

:D Wel done!

How many carts did you get?  Too bad you can't ask the old lady more about it's orgin... where she got it from and everything! 

:)

854042[/snapback]

I got 2 TutorVision games + golf + sub hunt. I did ask her, but she didn't really offer much information. She just seemed to know that it was old, and it hadn't been used in a long time.

-Chuck

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

853235[/snapback]

Roi,

-Chuck

853519[/snapback]

FIVE DOLLARS?????

I'll DOUBLE that!!

• 5 years later...

Wow! Good find. This is like winning the lotto.. something you just dont expect to happen.

Its really pretty to look at too! A white and blue INTY? It would look so pretty next to my INTY & INTV III :ponder:

One has to wonder, how many were produced, how many still exists, and what its market value is? But $5 ... man, what a score.

I really wonder where they got it from.

There was an earlier thread about the TutorVision here, including a link to an item in the Intellivision Newsletter which gives lots of interesting details about it. Educational technology is a fascinating area to me, and I love the Intellivision, so the TutorVision combines two passions of mine, and I'd love to see one in operation someday. Unfortunately, my chances are slim to none, considering how rare they are. :sad:

And, by the way ... I see nothing wrong whatsoever with necro-bumps. Far better to bump an old topic about some subject than to start a new topic which says exactly the same thing. Even if somebody bumps a thread to answer a five-year-old question, it might be too late to benefit the questioner, but it might still be helpful to somebody else out there with the same question.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a bit of an update. There are three of these in existence that I know of. Ted Brunner has one just like mine, google him and you can see some photos. Someone else emailed me photos of one he had found. Unfortunately it had all the TutorVision and World Book emblems scratched off. I can't recall his name offhand. All three of these were found in the greater Chicago area. World Book did have their offices there. I would imagine The Blue Sky Rangers probably have one as well.

I'm not sure how many of the game cartridges for it exist.

-Chuck

Just a bit of an update. There are three of these in existence that I know of. Ted Brunner has one just like mine, google him and you can see some photos. Someone else emailed me photos of one he had found. Unfortunately it had all the TutorVision and World Book emblems scratched off. I can't recall his name offhand. All three of these were found in the greater Chicago area. World Book did have their offices there. I would imagine The Blue Sky Rangers probably have one as well.

I'm not sure how many of the game cartridges for it exist.

-Chuck

Can you post some new pics of yours? :love:

Thanks for the info.