IGNORED

Reading the difficulty switches on the 7800?

Hi!

I hope someone can help me - can anyone tell me how to read the difficulty switches on the 7800 in 7800 mode?  (Example code would be great!)  I'm working on something where I need to read both switches.  Thanks in advance!

Bob

853217[/snapback]

How about something like this? :-)

BIT Swchb

BVS p0expert

BVC p0amateur

BCS p1expert

BCC p1amateur

Hi!

I hope someone can help me - can anyone tell me how to read the difficulty switches on the 7800 in 7800 mode?  (Example code would be great!)  I'm working on something where I need to read both switches.  Thanks in advance!

Bob

853217[/snapback]

How about something like this? :-)

BIT Swchb

BVS p0expert

BVC p0amateur

BCS p1expert

BCC p1amateur

853952[/snapback]

:!:

The 'bit' instruction puts bit 7 into the sign flag, not the carry flag!

And also, in that code the last two lines will never be reached.

Try this instead:

bit SWCHB
  bmi P1Expert
 ;--else P1 novice
  bvs P0ExpertAndP1Novice
 ;--else P0 novice and P1 novice
 ;--code here
  jmp Done
P0ExpertAndP1Novice
 ;--code here
  jmp Done
P1Expert
  bvs P0ExpertAndP1Expert
 ;--else P0 novice and P1 expert
 ;--code here
  jmp Done
P0ExpertAndP1Expert
 ;--code here

Done

• 17 years later...

I don't think it was worth necrobumping a 17 year old thread to ask a question that could have been answered by first looking in the stickied homebrews and hacks thread which you posted in recently, and any separate question you might have should be in its own thread if it's significant enough to warrant it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ecernosoft said:

@PacManPlus, you’ve come a long way from this post. Also, did you make baby pac man on 7800?

If you did, I have a question!

You have learned to use edit. 

Your next quest on the route to becoming an ASM Jedi is to unlock the Force Search ability. 

image.png.d67ad9a0f0b34f3b244dfd01ae5cc30a.png

After you have mastered this, open your mind and reach out to the Sticky Thread.

6s984l.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Muddyfunster said:

You have learned to use edit. 

Your next quest on the route to becoming an ASM Jedi is to unlock the Force Search ability. 

image.png.d67ad9a0f0b34f3b244dfd01ae5cc30a.png

After you have mastered this, open your mind and reach out to the Sticky Thread.

6s984l.jpg

Ok! @Muddyfunster, I get it!!!

Sometimes you also need to follow your own rulles too, like this post.

Stop following me around please. Ok?

I use that search all the time.

Not saying that you do that, you do make great games

but don't be annoying to fellow people like me. I'm not trying to overpost or anything. I get it.

Ok?

Thank you for understanding. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Ecernosoft said:

It may be challenging to not come across as following you around, especially when you're the latest poster on 40 out of 50 threads on a forum page.

Often with multiple recent posts to those threads.

Sometimes reiterating the same points made in other recent posts.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Ecernosoft My comments were intended as a light hearted nudge in the right direction based on how you are using the forum currently.

8 hours ago, Ecernosoft said:

Sometimes you also need to follow your own rulles too

I'm honestly not sure as to what rule I've broken? Maybe you can help me with that ? 

I don't make the rules or enforce them, all I have done is to try to politely remind you that you can "edit" and "search" for answers and that you can help yourself, rather than making a new thread every 30 seconds. I've tried to do this in a polite and friendly way, often with some humour to ensure you do not perceive it as an attack, as it is not intended that way.

That's very difficult. Let me explain a bit more.

Counting the most recent 50 or 75 threads in the programming section here:

• Fully 46% of those threads are yours (35/75).
  • in 50 out of the 75 most recent threads, the last comment on those threads is made by you (50/75 67%)
  • in 38 out of the 50 most recent threads, the last comment on those threads is made by you (38/50 76%)

If I was to "not follow you" in posting, then I would then be basically prevented from posting or using this particular forum in any meaningful way, as you have spammed all of the recent threads, including those I have contributed to, with pointless crap.

Maybe I can reverse this to you and ask you to refrain from shitposting every thread, every 30 seconds, then I wouldn't be following when I make a post would I? :) 

but don't be annoying to fellow people like me. I'm not trying to overpost or anything. I get it.

You are overposting, whether you realise it or not.

You make new threads constantly when they are not needed. You constantly hijak other people's threads to pimp your own ideas, you do not read threads before making proclamations or handing out advice, which is often incorrect or flawed, you do not read threads before asking questions that have already been answered, you ignore sticky threads and ask for information that's right in front of you. You use threads for conversations with another user, which would be better suited to a private messages.

My intention isn't to annoy or upset you, I would just prefer (and I'm sure many share this view) that you would use the forum in a more responsible way.

Please adjust how you use the forums. If you don't, then I suspect that eventually a moderator or admin will make that choice for you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, Muddyfunster said:

@Ecernosoft My comments were intended as a light hearted nudge in the right direction based on how you are using the forum currently.

I'm honestly not sure as to what rule I've broken? Maybe you can help me with that ? 

I don't make the rules or enforce them, all I have done is to try to politely remind you that you can "edit" and "search" for answers and that you can help yourself, rather than making a new thread every 30 seconds. I've tried to do this in a polite and friendly way, often with some humour to ensure you do not perceive it as an attack, as it is not intended that way.

That's very difficult. Let me explain a bit more.

Counting the most recent 50 or 75 threads in the programming section here:

• Fully 46% of those threads are yours (35/75).
  • in 50 out of the 75 most recent threads, the last comment on those threads is made by you (50/75 67%)
  • in 38 out of the 50 most recent threads, the last comment on those threads is made by you (38/50 76%)

If I was to "not follow you" in posting, then I would then be basically prevented from posting or using this particular forum in any meaningful way, as you have spammed all of the recent threads, including those I have contributed to, with pointless crap.

Maybe I can reverse this to you and ask you to refrain from shitposting every thread, every 30 seconds, then I wouldn't be following when I make a post would I? :) 

You are overposting, whether you realise it or not.

You make new threads constantly when they are not needed. You constantly hijak other people's threads to pimp your own ideas, you do not read threads before making proclamations or handing out advice, which is often incorrect or flawed, you do not read threads before asking questions that have already been answered, you ignore sticky threads and ask for information that's right in front of you. You use threads for conversations with another user, which would be better suited to a private messages.

My intention isn't to annoy or upset you, I would just prefer (and I'm sure many share this view) that you would use the forum in a more responsible way.

Please adjust how you use the forums. If you don't, then I suspect that eventually a moderator or admin will make that choice for you.

Ok, I appologize.

I'm sorry, yes I get it. I do realise I have overposted in the past and am trying to slow myself down.

Please, I get it! I know I overposted a crap ton back then.

I'm sorry @Muddyfunster. Please accept my apology.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...