IGNORED

Star Strike... how elusive IS it?

Spirantho

Can't be too rare. I got mine for $3, including shipping, on ebay. :D

Since when has the eBay price _ever_ reflected the actual rarity of a cart? :)

Seriously, go take a look on eBay now for Star Strike on the Atari.... either active or past auctions... can't be that common.

You just got very very lucky. Had I seen that auction it would have been different. :)

Can't be too rare. I got mine for $3, including shipping, on ebay. :D

Since when has the eBay price _ever_ reflected the actual rarity of a cart? :)

Seriously, go take a look on eBay now for Star Strike on the Atari.... either active or past auctions... can't be that common.

You just got very very lucky. Had I seen that auction it would have been different. :)

853881[/snapback]

I know, I just like rubbing it in. :D

-Tim

Mine's factory sealed.

853518[/snapback]

M-Network or INTV version? The INTV version's the more rare of the two IMO.

853698[/snapback]

You tell me?

(And don't ask me to open to find out) ;)

It is different than the box scan currently in the database.

(Mine has a white back instead of silver, and no Mattel Electronics, & w/o the sticker)

post-43-1115906080_thumb.jpg

Nice.  That one's very hard to get. :thumbsup:

853933[/snapback]

But which one is it? I don't know which is which?

Would white back have been a cost saving thing later down the line? Or was the stickered boxes late release, because they were too cheap to actually change the fine prints?

I haven't really looked at any others to compare. Actually the front is different too. I wasn't paying attention, it's all white in those little lines running around the box instead of silver.

Here's a pic next to a silver box, so you can compare:

post-43-1115908311_thumb.jpg

And here's a link to the box scan in the database. It's clearly silver lines, and the back as I said earlier are different. But the database has both versions with the same box scan, so I don't know if it's really certain one way or the other.

Okay after a little more looking, all my boxes are silver except for Star Strike, Tron Deadly Discs, & Air Raiders. These last two are both white labels. And none of these have the Mattel Electronics on back, So I guess these are the INTV versions.

Edited by video game addict

• 4 months later...

Hey guys,

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I just lost an auction for this, it went for $6.99USD.

I've been collecting off and on for some time and I honestly didn't know that Star Strike was ever released for the 2600, I was sure the auction was a mistake when I first saw it. I was sniped in the last minute, I should have put a larger bid in but didn't realise then that it was this rare.

Anybody else seen one for auction latley, I didn't find anymore listed on ebay...

Markimus of K.

I saw one about 2 weeks ago in a mixed lot for $10 ended with no bids. I think there were around 6 or 8 carts in the lot. I think it would have been worth the price if you needed any of the others, although ther were really common titles. Someone 5th ghost I think it was had one forsale in the marketplace for $20 shipped. Maybe a little higher than you'd like to pay, but it is a harder cart to find. It's up a little less often than He-Man, and most people think He-man is the rarest M-network.

I have had several Star Strike's through the years.  I never thought it was that hard to find.

Try finding one when you really need one though. :) You'd be surprised.

I kept seeing Vanguard red label when I was looking for Defender red label. Now I've got Defender and I've not seen Vanguard in nearly a year....

Some god or other has a larf with games collectors I swear....

It's just like trying to find a picture label Blackjack or a silver Asteroids - you assume they're easy as pie but the minute you want one there's none to be found anywhere. It doesn't mean the rarity needs to be adjusted per se, it just means that not having them frustrates the hell out of you when you know they must be somewhere and it's not eBay or your local thrift.

I bought mine yesterday on Ebay for 8 dollars including shipping. On Atari2600.com you can get both versions for around 15 dollars each. It does appear loose much less than other rarity 5's, but it's not that hard to find. In the box is a totally different animal no doubt.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I bought mine yesterday on Ebay for 8 dollars including shipping.  On Atari2600.com you can get both versions for around 15 dollars each.  It does appear loose much less than other rarity 5's, but it's not that hard to find.  In the box is a totally different animal no doubt.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

941208[/snapback]

Great deal!