IGNORED

New Flashback 2.0 Pictures from E3!

Just got some pictures of the most recent Atari Flashback 2.0 box mockup. I snapped pictures of the front, back, and two sides. Please keep in mind that this is NOT the final box, but more accurate than the box photos already floating around the internet. Enjoy!

..Al

FlashbackBoxSide.jpg

FlashbackBoxBack.jpg

FlashbackBoxFront.jpg

So Pitfall and River Raid made it? That's cool, I know a few people that will like having those along.

Is it safe to assume this includes the sequel to Yar's Revenge, or is "Yars Return" just a typo? Lunar Lander looks good and now we know that Space Duel and Climber are included. I can't wait to know the full list of games. ;)

Hey Albert: How are the games programmed on this new iteration? Are they emulated or are they NESsed versions of the oldies?

858376[/snapback]

The Flashback 2.0 hardware is actual 2600 hardware, so these are true Atari 2600 games just as if they were running on an original console. So there won't be any of the issues that the original Flashback had, and I think the classic gaming community will enjoy the new system. I've had a chance to play several of the included games and the system is great! I'll have time to post more later. :)

..Al

Hey Albert: How are the games programmed on this new iteration? Are they emulated or are they NESsed versions of the oldies?

858376[/snapback]

Hasn't there already been countless threads about how the FB2 is using a 2600-on-a-chip?

Just got some pictures of the most recent Atari Flashback 2.0 box mockup.  I snapped pictures of the front, back, and two sides.  Please keep in mind that this is NOT the final box, but more accurate than the box photos already floating around the internet.  Enjoy!

..Al

858360[/snapback]

Anyone else notice that Asteroids looks like a vector hack :lol: Pretty cool, though.

858376[/snapback]

Hasn't there already been countless threads about how the FB2 is using a 2600-on-a-chip?

858382[/snapback]

Chill out man, it is only a question. :roll:

Edited by Dones

So...looks like game list is:

Asteroids Vector Hack :lol:

Yar's Revenge

Yar's Return (?)

Outlaw

Pong

Maze Craze

Pitfall!

River Raid

Centipede

Millipede

Lunar Lander

Missile Command

Combat

Adventure

Haunted House

Radar Lock

Space Duel (?)

Hangman

Atari Climber (?)

Fatal Run

Secret Quest

Aquaventure (?)

Some kind of blurry racing game...Pole Position?

That's 23. Seventeen to go. :D

So Pitfall and River Raid made it? That's cool, I know a few people that will like having those along.

858371[/snapback]

I'm assuming those had to be licensed from Activision. Wonder if they were supportive or charged a pretty penny?

That is a pretty fun package of gaming there though.

So...looks like game list is:

Asteroids Vector Hack :lol:

Yar's Revenge

Yar's Return (?)

Outlaw

Pong

Maze Craze

Pitfall!

River Raid

Centipede

Millipede

Lunar Lander

Missile Command

Combat

Adventure

Haunted House

Radar Lock

Space Duel (?)

Hangman

Atari Climber (?)

Fatal Run

Secret Quest

Aquaventure (?)

That's 23.  Seventeen to go.  :D

858400[/snapback]

Don't forget:

Combat 2

Wizard

Polo

Video Chess

And maybe:

Video Pinball

Human Cannonball

858371[/snapback]

I'm assuming those had to be licensed from Activision. Wonder if they were supportive or charged a pretty penny?

That is a pretty fun package of gaming there though.

858403[/snapback]

Yes, it looks like a great combination of games. I've even convinced a few people here at work to get one (they even want me to hack it for them :lol: ) While I personally like Pitfall 2 better, Pitfall! still is a great choice as that is the one most people remember playing. Either way, I'm excited about the FB2, I can hardly wait for July to get here. ;)

I was looking at this picture on the ClassicGaming page and I was noticing how it was different from the box that Albert posted. Instead of Atari Climber they have Climber 5, they have Checkered Flag listed on the box, and Saboteur and Millipede pictured as well. The Pong pictured is just Video Olympics. I wonder how old this box they have pictured is?

I was looking at this picture on the ClassicGaming page and I was noticing how it was different from the box that Albert posted. Instead of Atari Climber they have Climber 5, they have Checkered Flag listed on the box, and Saboteur and Millipede pictured as well. The Pong  pictured is just Video Olympics. I wonder how old this box they have pictured is?

858528[/snapback]

That seems to be the first public box that was released and was given to the press. The box I took pictures of earlier today was "hot off the press", so to speak, and I doubt there are pictures of it anywhere else just yet. :) This box is definitely more accurate than the prior box, though. I think at this point the most significant changes we'll see are color-related, but they could prove me wrong. :)

The box looks great in person and will definitely grab the attention of anyone who's ever held an Atari 2600 joystick in their hand!

..Al

noticed this box lists it as the "Flashback 2" as opposed to the "2.0" we've been hearing. (even on the unit pictured on the box) wonder if it's just that box or there's been a change.

Everything I saw today said 2.0

858669[/snapback]

as long as the actual unit says 2.0 on it I will be happy, just a 2 wont do :D

Edited by ATARIeric

Hi there!

Just trying to group those 40 games a bit...

So it has:

Atari Originals:

3D Tic-Tac-Toe

Adventure

Centipede

Combat

Dodge'em

Fatal Run

Frog Pond

Hangman

Haunted House

Human Cannonball

Maze Craze

Millipede

Missile Command

Off the Wall

Outlaw

Quadrun

Radar Lock

Secret Quest

Space War

Video Checkers

Video Chess

Yars' Revenge

Activision Originals:

Pitfall

River Raid

Atari Prototypes:

Aquaventure

Combat 2

Saboteur

Save Mary

Wizard

Brand new Games:

Arcade Pong

Caverns Of Mars

Lunar Lander

Yars' Return

Homebrews:

Thrust

Atari Climber

Hacks:

Adventure II

Arcade Asteroids

Asteroids Deluxe

Return To Haunted House

Space Duel

+ 2 Secret Games (one of which seems to be the "blurry" racing game...)

Not bad... though if it were my selection I'd probably replace 3D Tic-Tac-Toe with Battlezone :)

Any word on a European version this time around? (FB 1.0 thankfully never made it...)

Greetings,

Manuel

Hey whoah.. is that my 7 year old Asteroids vector hack on there!?  :o  :lust:

Or did they put on Thomas' continuation of it where the asteroids go all harder :?

Curt had contacted me about an Asteroids hack and I forwarded him to several hacks, including mine. But I really don't know what happened then.

+ 2 Secret Games (one of which seems to be the "blurry" racing game...)

Bah. My mistake; I just checked some screenshots and the "blurry" game is pretty clearly Fatal Run.

So, still 2 mystery games! Moon Patrol?