IGNORED

New Flashback 2.0 Pictures from E3!

I wonder if any homebrew titles would be one of the hidden games? I've been wondering when Man Goes Down is going to come out?  :ponder:

858836[/snapback]

From what Alex H has been saying (in the Homebrew forum) Man Goes Down is not completed yet.

And the complete list at ClassicGaming.com doesn't include MGD. They do claim 4 homebrews (and no mention of hacks); I'm not sure what homebrews beyond Thrust and Atari Climber (which I assume is Climber 5?).

I wonder if any homebrew titles would be one of the hidden games? I've been wondering when Man Goes Down is going to come out?  :ponder:

858836[/snapback]

mystery games: E.T. & Radiers of the lost ark :? :P

858849[/snapback]

oh no not ET :woozy: :P (just kidding)

Hmm...maybe Solaris and Midnight Magic. I could settle for those. Or maybe Star Raiders and Warlords. Beh, there are too many possibilities! :ponder:

858836[/snapback]

From what Alex H has been saying (in the Homebrew forum) Man Goes Down is not completed yet.

And the complete list at ClassicGaming.com doesn't include MGD. They do claim 4 homebrews (and no mention of hacks); I'm not sure what homebrews beyond Thrust and Atari Climber (which I assume is Climber 5?).

858852[/snapback]

Ah, I hadn't dropped by that thread in a while. I guess I should stop being lazy and just check in. Still, if one of the hidden games were homebrews, that would be a nice surprise.

858836[/snapback]

858849[/snapback]

Hmm...maybe Solaris and Midnight Magic. I could settle for those. Or maybe Star Raiders and Warlords. Beh, there are too many possibilities! :ponder:

858853[/snapback]

E.T. Vector :rolling:

858836[/snapback]

858849[/snapback]

858853[/snapback]

E.T. Vector :rolling:

858856[/snapback]

:lolblue:

Now there's something I hadn't thought of. Being the sucker for vector games that I am, I'd probably love it.

I was looking at this picture on the ClassicGaming page and I was noticing how it was different from the box that Albert posted. Instead of Atari Climber they have Climber 5, they have Checkered Flag listed on the box, and Saboteur and Millipede pictured as well. The Pong  pictured is just Video Olympics. I wonder how old this box they have pictured is?

858528[/snapback]

Yes, that was the production box just before E3. Climber 5 got a name change as did several other things. The shots of the box that Albert took are the latest. Other things might change as well by the time of the final production release.

Just got some pictures of the most recent Atari Flashback 2.0 box mockup.  I snapped pictures of the front, back, and two sides.  Please keep in mind that this is NOT the final box, but more accurate than the box photos already floating around the internet.  Enjoy!
Just out of curiosity, was any effort made at any point to convince "Atari" to use the classic fuji logo instead of the dorky bellbottom variant?

Awesome news about Caverns of Mars though. I played the hell out of that as a kid, and always thought the 2600 could have done a perfect version of it.

Hey whoah.. is that my 7 year old Asteroids vector hack on there!?  :o  :lust:

Or did they put on Thomas' continuation of it where the asteroids go all harder :?

Curt had contacted me about an Asteroids hack and I forwarded him to several hacks, including mine. But I really don't know what happened then.

858767[/snapback]

Awesome.. I wouldn't need credit or anything (it was just a casual free to all hack). But if it is on there I think it's definitely cool :D

Thanks for posting the pictures. This looks like a real winner. It's got a nice mix of old favorites (including a couple of Activision games, which surprised me), and new developments which I'd love to try. I'm looking forward to the finished product!

Actually, the new Asteroids Vector is a hack submission done by me, Thomas sent me his info on his hack and I had wanted to add in the additional code onto mine, but I had already gotten Thomas involved in two other game submissions and a third was going to delay some legal sides of things for him so I left the vector hack I did without adding his code.

Curt

Or did they put on Thomas' continuation of it where the asteroids go all harder :?

Curt had contacted me about an Asteroids hack and I forwarded him to several hacks, including mine. But I really don't know what happened then.

858767[/snapback]

Awesome.. I wouldn't need credit or anything (it was just a casual free to all hack). But if it is on there I think it's definitely cool :D

858888[/snapback]

System still looks a bit odd with buttons replacing the silver switches, and colorful buttons at that, but now that it has no cartridge slot at all -- ouch!

I'd might want to buy it.

859822[/snapback]

That depends... ;)

There are solder points on the inside to install your own cart slot.

Although the vector hack is cool, Thomas' hack with the extra ship icons and the asteroids that moved faster and at sharper angles would of been better. I know Thomas submitted Thrust! - what other game was he involved in??? Any hints? :)

Actually, the new Asteroids Vector is a hack submission done by me, Thomas sent me his info on his hack and I had wanted to add in the additional code onto mine, but I had already gotten Thomas involved in two other game submissions and a third was going to delay some legal sides of things for him so I left the vector hack I did without adding his code.

Curt

858767[/snapback]

858888[/snapback]

859798[/snapback]

Edited by johnnywc

It doesn't have the cart slot :x

And if they are going to include paddle games with it, they better include paddle controller as well. Paddle game like Breakout is not playable with the joystick.

Forget it I won't buy it :(

Hendra

Edited by Hendra

Its a shame on the other game that Thomas worked on as it can't be included with the FB 2.0 console due to some legal clarifications, I'm not sure if it would appropriate to release the name of the game, but it is a racing game and it would've been a nice addition to the console. On a positive note, it was the loss of this game being used in the FB 2.0 that caused it's substitution with Thomas' Atari Thrust version, so it all worked out well in the end for gamers.

Curt

Although the vector hack is cool, Thomas' hack with the extra ship icons and the asteroids that moved faster and at sharper angles would of been better.  I know Thomas submitted Thrust! - what other game was he involved in???  Any hints? :)

Curt

858767[/snapback]

858888[/snapback]

859798[/snapback]

859869[/snapback]