IGNORED

Haunted Adventure Trilogy "Ultimate" Easter Egg Contest

atwwong

Note to self --> post contest in Contest Forum... :ponder:

HASE Easter Egg Contest - cancelled

There are three easter eggs (what I consider easter eggs, anyways) in Haunted Adventure II SE. The first person who finds all three and sends me proof, i.e., photos off their TV, will receive as a prize a cart version of my current project (the nature of which I am keeping as a surprise). This contest is open to people who received the HASE from Packrat Video Games. Whipcrack, Nukey, and StanJr cannot participate in this contest (sorry guys! ;) ). Anyone who asks them for help may receive a roach infested Combat cart, if I can find one on e-bay and be bothered to bid for it, much less send it off. :P )

Happy adventuring! :)

*Update 2006-12-24* New HAT Ultimate Easter Egg Contest

After one and a half years... because the Haunted Adventure Trilogy is complete, I'm changing the contest. More details below...

Edited by atwwong

• 1 year later...

The Haunted Adventure Ultimate Easter Egg Search Contest*

The Haunted Adventure Trilogy has many easter eggs, but there is one ultimate, "final" easter egg (it's fairly obvious once found)! I am offering a grand prize to the first one who finds this ultimate easter egg. This prize is unique, as it is a cart of the prototype of the original Haunted Adventure that has never been released and never will be. There will be only one cart of this prototype game, ever. Collectors, this is your chance to own a truly unique cart!

Rules:

1. This contest is only open to owners of the Haunted Adventure Trilogy.

2. The winner of the grand prize will be the first person to find the "ultimate" easter egg and post to me, by either e-mail or PM, a detailed description of what the easter egg is, and concise, repeatable instructions detailing exactly how to unlock the egg.

3. You must discover the egg on real hardware and only by playing.

a. Dumping the cart for any purpose is considered unfair and is therefore forbidden.

b. Playing on an emulator is not allowed.

c. Such activities as reverse-engineering, disassembling, using the Stella or PCAE debugger, or other dissemination of the binary are not allowed.

d. You may not use any hardware tools such as an EPROM emulator, oscilloscope, logic analyzer or anything else on the cart or any of its components.

4. This contest commences immediately and will end once a grand prize winner is confirmed and announced in this thread.

Hint:

From your first steps,

Always do what is right.

Travel up the straight and narrow path,

Which leads life’s journey encountering both foe and friend;

Travel through the tome of truth

To find true eternal salvation for the soul.

Happy adventuring!

Cheers,

Tony Wong

*Thanks to batari for permission to use the rules for the 2005 Minigame Multicart easter egg contest as a template for my contest.

• 7 months later...
I'll start on this too. Tony, I don't suppose you're gonna be nice and tell us which GAME in HAT that we have to mess with are you? It was bad enough when there were just the two ;)
Now, now, Jonathan, that would be telling... :evil:

There is already a hint available...

Cheers,

Tony

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...

This programmer is being a jerk to us. He should admit defeat and release the rom and source code. No one will ever find the third egg and I am beginning to believe it does not exist. The big greay ghost will not enter the room where the sun is. Anytime I trick him into going through the door he disappears. At least I found my manual

Edited by bradhig

This programmer is being a jerk to us. He should admit defeat and release the rom and source code. No one will ever find the third egg and I am beginning to believe it does not exist. The big greay ghost will not enter the room where the sun is. Anytime I trick him into going through the door he disappears. At least I found my manual

I am sorry for that statement ,but after looking in the manual I think I may have figured it out. I won't be able to try until later today.

• 10 months later...

Huge Spoiler (since you have been so diligent and close before):

I guess someone is going to find it and post it all over the internet, so it might as well be bradhig doing it right here...

(Wow... 11+ years since this thread started... where has my time gone?)

Edited by atwwong

I know the skeleton is in there and he keeps escaping everytime I enter that area I wonder if I have to give him something before he leaves the area?

Right by what was the exit in the original Haunted House it sys Play Return to Haunted House. Why would I want to play that game when I am playing an improved version in Haunted Adventure Trilogy?

post-47844-0-56891600-1478909540_thumb.jpg

post-47844-0-91400200-1478909544_thumb.jpg

Somebody force that guy to cough up that @%#^ egg. I think you need to find an urn in game 3 of haunted adventure boo and get it into the place you take it to win the original haunted house. I played game one and there is an egg with an urn at the bottle in the area where the entrance to area where the area shaped like the original haunted house is. I am not feeling well and am fighting a cold. Could someone else try to find it?

Edited by bradhig1

Found this in the old version of Haunted Adventure Boo where the entrance to haunted house area would be in HAT. Look at the bottom of the easter egg message. I did this cause a message in the hat version said play return to haunted house so I did. I am going crazy and am fighting a cold. I am about to lose my sanity trying to find this thing and no one else here cares or even tries to find it anymore.

post-47844-0-46968800-1479435547_thumb.png

I CAN'T FIND THAT $*#*^#e ^ EASTER EGG. I TRIED WALKING AROUND THE HAUNTED HOUSE AREA LIKE YOU DO IN GAME 3 OF THE ORIGINAL HAUNTED HOUSE WHILE PASSING THROUGH THE TEXT AND NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING I LEAD THE SKELETON ALL OVER THAT SAME AREA AND LET HIM KILL ME TO SEE IF THERE WAS ANYONE HIDDEN AND NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING. TRIED TAKING THE SOUL , GREEN KEY THROUGH SAME AREA NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING. SOMEBODY ROM DUMP THIS AND USE STELLA TO FIND IT. THE METHOD FOR FINDING THIS EGG IS TOO COMPLICATED FOR EVERYONE HERE AND FORBID ANYONE FROM HOLDING ANOTHER SUCH CONTEST.

I am losing my sanity trying to find this thing The egg cannot be found because the method needed to find it is too complicated. I have cart 27 and I am shaking like crazy in frustration right now. I let the skeleton kill me in different locations in the old haunted house area nothing nothing nothing. I walked through the text carrying different objects nothing nothing nothing. I tried walking through the narrow openings on the stairs screens in between levels nothing. I tried walking through the old haunted house map like walking through game 3 of the original haunted house and nothing nothing nothing. There is no ultimate easter egg it is a lie otherwise Atwwong would have provided a screenshot of it. The only way is for someone to rom dump this game and go through the code and graphics to find it. Is this stupid so called easter egg worth causing people to go insane trying to find it? Atwwong said use old skool exploration. No one here even tries to find it anymore just me. I want to find it to have a rom and turn on all the lights and play bat free.

It is driving me insane. There is no ultimate easter egg in hat. There is no proof that such a thing exists. I am shaking worse then the san andreas right now and am pulling my hair out trying to figure what to do next. I have been running around in that area shaped like the original haunted house game with objects running through text and banging into walls and nothing nothing. There is no ultimate easter egg it is a lie or someone would have found it by now. I am crying and losing my sanity to this game right now. I suffer from asperger syndrome and a learning disability which means I don't pick up on some things like most people do. Never allow anymore contests like this again unless the person starting it provides proof the thing we are supposed to be looking for exists.

Edited by bradhig1