IGNORED

looking for a cheaper 2600 proto

ismokeblunts

i'm looking to buy a cheaper 2600 proto in the lab loaner case off somebody. i don't see them on ebay often anymore, and haven't found a new marketplace for the items. i don't particularly care as to what the rarity of the item is, i just want a conversation piece for my collection. if anyone with alot of protos is willing to part with one plz pm me or post here. thanks.

• 1 month later...
i'm looking to buy a cheaper 2600 proto in the lab loaner case off somebody. i don't see them on ebay often anymore, and haven't found a new marketplace for the items. i don't particularly care as to what the rarity of the item is, i just want a conversation piece for my collection. if anyone with alot of protos is willing to part with one plz pm me or post here. thanks.

870350[/snapback]

Well, for $7 you can buy a board at AtariAge.com that you can stick a 2K/4K eprom into, and for $9 you can get one for 8K, 16K, or 32K. I'd suggest buying an 8K board and burning a Hack'Em EPROM. If you really want to get fun, remove the label from a Pac-Man cart, replace the guts with your new board, and carefully seal it all up. Then if someone jokes about how terrible 2600 Pac-Man is, you can show 'em yours.

• 2 weeks later...

by decent price i mean, not 500 dollars, lol. a year ago i saw alot of lab loaners swap around for a little over the 100 range, some lower than that on ebay. now i never see them. i do have money to throw down on these things. i just don't need to pay a ridiculous amount for one cartridge. and no, a fake just won't do it for me...