IGNORED

Yars' Return and Caverns of Mars - Sneak Peak

Just to reiterate-- minor disappointments aside, I will be buying one or more of these things, and recommending them to all my friends.

873807[/snapback]

Glad to hear it. Your first criticisms seemed a bit harsh. Calling something "2600 Pac-Man all over again" is akin to bringing up Hitler around here ... :roll:

I stand corrected on Caverns of Mars, after Zylonbane's, Debro's and Cybergoth's analysis.

My enthusiam that Caverns of Mars was finally getting ported to the 2600 got the best of me. I was imagining what the game was going to be, rather than what was in the screenshot. Not much, after a second look.

It doesn't seem like there would be enough time before the 24th to correct the playfield. But I hope I'm wrong again.

Thanks for the preview, Mr. Vendel!   :D

ZylonBane, thanks for pissing in our soup.   :P

873610[/snapback]

Nah, Bane's comments are quite constructive, actually the game code freeze is on the 24th, so while there's time, its always good to get some feedback and trying to give a few extra finishing touches to the games and add any last minute improvements.

Curt

873744[/snapback]

Curt,

Since there's still time - any chance we can see the extra ship graphics in Asteroids? I hear it's only 1 byte of code that needs to change... :)

Thanks again for all the sneak peeks - I can't wait to get a hold of a couple of these things.

I'm so thankful curt was able to add new titles to the lineup but it would be nice to see more detail on CoM.... if curt could pull that off in the next 10 days it would be great! After seeing what was done on the 2600 in the late 80s and early 90s with Solaris, etc. and with homebrews like Thrust, I think a great CoM conversion would be possible.

Now if we could only get Swordquest AirWorld on the FB3....

I'm so thankful curt was able to add new titles to the lineup but it would be nice to see more detail on CoM.... if curt could pull that off in the next 10 days it would be great!  After seeing what was done on the 2600 in the late 80s and early 90s with Solaris, etc. and with homebrews like Thrust, I think a great CoM conversion would be possible.

Now if we could only get Swordquest AirWorld on the FB3....

874073[/snapback]

Either that or include the Homestarrunner RPG on the FB3. That alone would probably sell quite a few. :D

Yar cannot wrap around,

Let him wrap around, or else it'll seem like Omega Race.

For my money, you've done a great job of Star Castle, and it seems plenty hard enough. Yar used to be able to wrap around on the original Yar's, so having him not wrap around will be different from both the first Yar's and Star Castle, too. Both are classics and both have wrap around.

Code freeze is the 24th? Time for a PM :!:

Yar cannot wrap around,

For my money, you've done a great job of Star Castle, and it seems plenty hard enough. Yar used to be able to wrap around on the original Yar's, so having him not wrap around will be different from both the first Yar's and Star Castle, too. Both are classics and both have wrap around.

875317[/snapback]

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. You can wrap around in Star Castle, so I don't see why not here. Sounds like with the little bugs going after you, they can trap you extremely easy, so it'll be a very hard game if you don't include wraparound.

Yar cannot wrap around,

875317[/snapback]

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. You can wrap around in Star Castle, so I don't see why not here. Sounds like with the little bugs going after you, they can trap you extremely easy, so it'll be a very hard game if you don't include wraparound.

875388[/snapback]

:idea: Maybe this can be a game option or a great use of the difficulty switches?