IGNORED

TG-16 Off The Wall Prototype on eBay

Tempest

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=8199691596

I was wondering when this thing was going to surface. I'd heard about it many years back, but it seems it was in 'prototype limbo' for the longest time. Cool looking game (I've actually played the arcade original), but thats one heckuva starting price. Still, I'm sure some lucky TG-16 collector is going to snag this one.

Tempest

Weird, back in the day when we were working on TG16 games, we didn't use EPROM boards at all. They were all flash-cards and very small as well. :? :ponder:

In fact, this is the first EPROM board for the TG16, I have ever seen.

How can you sell something for over a grand and then have the new owner sign something like this

IMPORTANT NOTE: The winner of the auction must sign a written agreement not to extract/copy/duplicate/distribute/pirate/reverse-engineer etc. the contents of the prototype. This has become standard practice when I deal with prototypes, so please don't bid if you cannot agree to this.

I could understand the buyer having the seller sign something like this but the seller

having the buyer do this is ludicrous, especially considering this item is most likely

still legally considered the Property of Tengen so any agreement with the seller would

be void anyway

How can you sell something for over a grand and then have the new owner sign something like this

IMPORTANT NOTE:  The winner of the auction must sign a written agreement not to extract/copy/duplicate/distribute/pirate/reverse-engineer etc. the contents of the prototype.  This has become standard practice when I deal with prototypes, so please don't bid if you cannot agree to this.

I could understand the buyer having the seller sign something like this but the seller

having the buyer do this is ludicrous, especially considering this item is most likely

still legally considered the Property of Tengen so any agreement with the seller would

be void anyway

877075[/snapback]

I don't think such a thing would be legally binding since the guy selling this isn't the legal owner anyway.

Tempest

If I had the money, I'd buy it and explicitly break that agreement. It's not for him to make that call, if I buy it, then I have the right to do whatever I want with it, including dumping it.

I just sent the dickhead a question asking him who he is to put such terms on the game. I also mentioned that since he is not the rights holder, he has no position to make such demands. We'll see his response.

Hopefully he wont pull the auction now that he is getting harrassed with the legal aspect of his auction requests. Would be a shame for a collector to not get their hands on such a rare game. Yeah maybe he's out of line... but honestly, so what. Why piss the dude off? Is someone going to teach him a lesson via email? LOL

I'd just create a new eBay account specifically for buying that (if I had money) sign the name Joe Rolecci or something made up and dump the ROM's.

I'd chip in money just to buy it off him if we had enough people. I don't even want the board. I'd just want the satisfaction knowing we dumped the ROM's for people to use.

Hopefully he wont pull the auction now that he is getting harrassed with the legal aspect of his auction requests. Would be a shame for a collector to not get their hands on such a rare game. Yeah maybe he's out of line... but honestly, so what. Why piss the dude off? Is someone going to teach him a lesson via email? LOL

877372[/snapback]

Well, as far as I know that's the only such email he's gotten, and there's been no response yet. Besides, as I mentioned to him in the email, eBay tends to pull these auctions anyway (and no, I'm not reporting it - the only one who could have it taken down is the legitimate rights holder).

Actually, if there were enough people able to chip in $25 or $50, then I'd say it could easily be bought. If anyone decided to put together such an effort (only gotta raise $1100!), I'd chip in. I don't even have much interest in TG16/PCE stuff. I just want to see prototypes dumped and preserved for history.

• 2 weeks later...
IMPORTANT NOTE: The winner of the auction must sign a written agreement not to extract/copy/duplicate/distribute/pirate/reverse-engineer etc. the contents of the prototype. This has become standard practice when I deal with prototypes, so please don't bid if you cannot agree to this.

Well it doesn't say anything about reselling it. So if you resold it the new buyer could dump it. He never signs anything

Edited by Buyatari