IGNORED

where IS this rarity guide?

idseer

If you click on the Atari Age banner at the top left of your screen, it will take you to the home page of AA.  From there, you can click on the name of the system whose rarity guide you wish to peruse under the "Systems" section on the left hand side of the screen.

Pac-man isn't rare.

882301[/snapback]

thank you!

why are some not listed at all? for instance in addition to others i have that i CAN find, i have 2010, pepper II, squishem sam, the heist, and war games which i can't find.

Edited by idseer

why are some not listed at all?  for instance in addition to others i have that i CAN find, i have 2010, pepper II, squishem sam, the heist, and war games which i can't find.

883897[/snapback]

All of those games are for the Colecovision. Different game system. Due to their similar shape and size, they are often mistaken for Atari 2600 carts. Generally, Colecovision carts are angled at the bottom part where the cart meets the system whereas Atari 2600 carts are rectangular and straight.

why are some not listed at all?  for instance in addition to others i have that i CAN find, i have 2010, pepper II, squishem sam, the heist, and war games which i can't find.

883897[/snapback]

All of those games are for the Colecovision. Different game system. Due to their similar shape and size, they are often mistaken for Atari 2600 carts. Generally, Colecovision carts are angled at the bottom part where the cart meets the system whereas Atari 2600 carts are rectangular and straight.

883898[/snapback]

this shows what i know. :)

then there is no rarity guide for colecovision?

All of those games are for the Colecovision.  Different game system.  Due to their similar shape and size, they are often mistaken for Atari 2600 carts.  Generally, Colecovision carts are angled at the bottom part where the cart meets the system whereas Atari 2600 carts are rectangular and straight.

883898[/snapback]

And prominently say "Coleco Vision" on the end label, in most cases.

883897[/snapback]

883898[/snapback]

this shows what i know. :)

then there is no rarity guide for colecovision?

883900[/snapback]

Here's a link to a Colecovision rarity guide for you:

http://www.digitpress.com/DP/cmf/search.cmf

Here are some pictures to show you what I'm talking about. The Colecovision game is the one on the left. The Atari 2600 one is on the right:

post-2394-1120184008_thumb.jpg This is what a colecovision cart looks like from the bottom

post-2394-1120184027_thumb.jpg Here is what an Atari 2600 cart looks like from the bottom

post-2394-1120184041_thumb.jpg Here they are side by side. The Colecovision cart is the one on the left. Note how the sides of the Colecovision cart come to an angle at the top where the Atari carts are straight.

And prominently say "Coleco Vision" on the end label, in most cases.

883905[/snapback]

While that is the case on first party carts, that's not the case on some third party carts. I can't tell you how many times I've seen Parker Bothers carts being sold as Atari 2600 carts that turn out to be Colecovision carts.