IGNORED

10 just found prototype games NEED Help !

neoscott

Hello,

I am super new to this I have had a box of old Atari games forever and just pulled them from storage. In the Box I found several black cartridges with very simple labels . I had talked to a couple of guys at a convention in San Jose with a digital press guide and found out one game was a rare 10 prototype Planet of the apes but i have several more that arent listed or are listed as common games but are they special in this format ? I would like to know what they are worth as well I cant seem to find a price guide on line ?

Black case big square sticker

Planet of the apes

Alligator people

bobby goes home

x7

earth

black case long label on top of case typed

tomatoes

crypts of chaos

Bonnie & clyde

"the guy who did crypts of chaos said he did bonnie & clyde in a interview i found but no i cant find any info on the game ?"

black case thin sticker on top spine with blue stripe

crash dive

deadly duck

porkys

Any information would be helpful I am getting a old Atari today and will get screen shots and other pictures

Neoscott

Are you sure Bonnie & Cylde isn't a pre-production name for Bank Heist?

20th Century Fox prototypes are rare, and a few of those (Alligator People, Plant of the Apes) were never released.

I'm really curious as to how Bobby is Going Home got mixed in with TCF protos, as this was a Bit Corp. game.

Earth is most likely The Earth Dies Screaming.

Tempest

Are you sure Bonnie & Clyde isn't a pre-production name for Bank Heist?

I'm 99% certain it is.

Bill Aspromonte did Bank Heist (Roaring 20's).

John Marvin (Crypts of Chaos) said:

"There was a game called Bank Heist, I'm not sure if that got out, it was supposed to be a Bonnie & Clyde. As I said there was a lot of pressure to use movies and this was a bank robbing game, a maze game. I thought it was a lot of fun but I think that they found out that Bonnie & Clyde was a bigger license than they could afford to put on this game and 20th Century Fox didn't seem to have total ownership of the license even so they had made the movie and... I don't know all the details, what happened to the game."

Or: The Day The Earth Stood Still.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Are you sure Bonnie & Cylde isn't a pre-production name for Bank Heist?

20th Century Fox prototypes are rare, and a few of those (Alligator People, Plant of the Apes) were never released. 

I'm really curious as to how Bobby is Going Home got mixed in with TCF protos, as this was a Bit Corp. game.

Tempest

883593[/snapback]

If anyone would know about Protos it's this guy. :D He's wicked smart. ;)

I am sure many people here would love to see pics of the carts you have, myself included.

The handwriting on the Planet of the Apes label is from the same person who wrote on the PotA proto shown on Tempest's site:

http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/p...eapes/41383.htm

And the 'Earth' handwriting looks an awful lot like the 'Gator' handwriting on the Alligator People proto on Atariprotos:

http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/a...igatorproto.htm

I think you hit the jackpot.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Congratualtions, those look to be legit prototypes.  You're a very lucky person!

883787[/snapback]

Unless the binary happens to be different from all other known binaries, how can one tell a real prototype from a pirate cart or fake prototype? It would seem that most prototypes lack a clear trail of ownership, so how can they be authenticated?

I can certainly see the interest in the code for work-in-progress games. And some prototypes are physically interesting as well (e.g. ones that have hand-wired mods to implement new bank-switching methods, etc.) But for the most part, I fail to see much reason for interest in the artifacts themselves. Can someone tell me what I'm missing?

Bobby Goes Home intrigues me.

Although it's in a Fox cartridge case, the game itself is not from 20th Century Fox Video Games, but from Bit Corporation.

And the original Bit Corp title is: Bobby is Going Home, instead of Bobby Goes Home:

http://www.atariage.com/cart_page.html?SoftwareLabelID=2342

I would love to see a screenshot.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

My 2600 isnt working so I have to wait till saturday to go out to the swap meet to get a new one .

So we are looking at late saturday for screenshots unless i can find one tomorrow at a eb or gamestop.

Neoscott

Bobby Goes Home intrigues me.

It's not from 20th Century Fox Video Games, but from Bit Corporation.

And the original Bit Corp title is: Bobby is Going Home, instead of Bobby Goes Home.

I would love to see a screenshot.

8)

883828[/snapback]

Congratulations on your find! There are quite a few people who would be interested in those. My advice to you if you choose to sell these is to avoid Ebay at all costs. They will pull them and suspend your account. If you decide to sell them, offer them for sale in the marketplace forum here at Atariage as a mock auction.

They would pull them and suspend me ?

Congratulations on your find!  There are quite a few people who would be interested in those.  My advice to you if you choose to sell these is to avoid Ebay at all costs.  They will pull them and suspend your account.  If you decide to sell them, offer them for sale in the marketplace forum here at Atariage as a mock auction.

883832[/snapback]

Sadly yes they might. Some auctions get through, but others don't. I wouldn't risk it.

I sent you a PM about the protos, if you have any questions let me know.

Unless the binary happens to be different from all other known binaries, how can one tell a real prototype from a pirate cart or fake prototype? It would seem that most prototypes lack a clear trail of ownership, so how can they be authenticated?

This is true, but they look like authentic 20th Century Fox lab loaners. There are several distinct features that help me determine if they look genuine. I can't be 100% sure without actually knowing the trail of ownership, but I feel confident that they are real just from experience.

I can certainly see the interest in the code for work-in-progress games. And some prototypes are physically interesting as well (e.g. ones that have hand-wired mods to implement new bank-switching methods, etc.) But for the most part, I fail to see much reason for interest in the artifacts themselves. Can someone tell me what I'm missing?

I guess it's like wanting to own a real cart rather than a rom. It's all about collecting and owning a piece of history.

Tempest