IGNORED

Why wont this work? Does anybody have a....

SavannahDJ

Win32 simply means any version of Windows after 3.1. (Win95, 98, Me, or XP) Win16 would be referring to Windows 3.1.

Anyway, I'm not sure what will or will not work on your particular system configuration, but you're welcome to check My FTP Site (Atari Consoles section) and grab whatever you like from there and see if it works. Note, however, that the best 7800 emulator is actually that of the 7800 driver in M.E.S.S. as the driver is the same one originally used for the stand-alone 7800 emulator on my site. The standalone isn't being developed anymore since the M.E.S.S. driver works better. Unfortunately, I don't have M.E.S.S. on my site. You can get it at most emulation sites, however.

[ 02-28-2002: Message edited by: Mindfield ]

Does anybody have Win9x version of the Atari 5200 and 7800 system emulator that i could download from them? Ive tried several sites and each time some error happens and i cant download it right. Sometimes i DL it and it tells me it wasnt a valid archive and i reDL it and it still doesn work. Some of them are for the Win32 platform and i dont even know what the heck Win32 is. I thought it was an old version of Windows but even that still doesnt work. Does anybody have a copy of the 5200 and 7800 emulator that i can get from them or a great website that has versions of that emulator that runs on Windows 95 or 98? Thanks, i would appreciate it!

However, the very lastest version of Mess which makes Impossible Mission, Winter/Summer Games, and Tower Toppler playable also broke support for pretty much every other game on the 7800. So if you have that version that could be part of your problems.

For 5200 Emulation most people use Atari800win Plus under the Windows enviroment...for 7800 emulation...as Mindfield stated...MESS is the only way to go. Just get the version before the latest and the latest so that you can configure them in two different places and run just about all the 7800 games.

quote:

Originally posted by -^Cro§Bow^-:

However, the very lastest version of Mess which makes Impossible Mission, Winter/Summer Games, and Tower Toppler playable also broke support for pretty much every other game on the 7800. So if you have that version that could be part of your problems.

Yeah, I wish a new version of MESS would be released that fixes this problem. That's one of the disadvantages of having 7800 emulation tied into a much broader project--they're not going to release a new version just to fix some problems with one specific emulator. I just hope we see a new version of MESS in a shorter timeframe than the last version that was released!!

..Al

Zophar.net contains virtually all of the latest versions of every emulator. The links always work there for me. Just scroll down the right side and click the emulators for dos/windows link. Links to the emulator's homesites are also provided (if still in service).

Win32 versions may not work on your system...since those are made to operate under the hardware limitations of computers from that period.

Dos versions will probably work OK, provided that DOS can access your soundcard, video card, etc. (PCI, USB, and on-board devices may have problems here). The emulator's readme file usually contains steps you need to take to correct them, if possible.