IGNORED

Pirates or originals?

Foxsolo2000

I wonder which Brazilian Motocross carts are Motocross Racer from Xonox and which ones are Motocross from Quelle.

8)

That is a very good question. I just assumed that it was a Quelle release because neither of us know where the thing came from in the first place so I was takne by surprise to discover that it was the Xonox game. Does anyone know who released the Quelle version of Motocross first and what its real name could be? ;)

I wonder which Brazilian Motocross carts are Motocross Racer from Xonox and which ones are Motocross from Quelle.

8)

I noticed that you don't have a pic of this cart, I can scan it, if you like.

Ok I am afraid to ask, but will anyway, what game is Atak? ;)

The title was already in our database, but a nice scan of this cart would be great, CPUWIZ.

Thanks.

Fox,

Motocross from Quelle is most probably a Home Vision title.

Thomas found Home Vision data inside the ROM.

It could very well be that this game was originally made by Suntek, but I can't proof this (yet).

A dump of the original SS-022 Suntek ROM would be the solution, I guess.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

The title was already in our database, but a nice scan of this cart would be great, CPUWIZ.

Thanks.

Fox,

Motocross from Quelle is most probably a Home Vision title.

Thomas found Home Vision data inside the ROM.

It could very well be that this game was originally made by Suntek, but I can't proof this (yet).

A dump of the original SS-022 Suntek ROM would be the solution, I guess.

8)

But as yet no one has found a Home Vision or Suntek version. Very interesting that so many Home Vision and Sun Tek titles have yet to be found. I wonder if they were proposed games or even prototypes that were somehow snapped up by Quelle and the others like Pizza Chef by Zimag was? ;)

But as yet no one has found a Home Vision or Suntek version. Very interesting that so many Home Vision and Sun Tek titles have yet to be found.

That's about the only (and IMO most interesting) Atari 2600 mystery that still fascinates me now.

I think that most Suntek and Home Vision titles are known to us without us knowing it.

We only know them under a different (Quelle, Fantastic Game or ZiMAG) title.

It's like searching for your glasses while wearing them.

I wonder if they were proposed games or even prototypes that were somehow snapped up by Quelle and the others like Pizza Chef by Zimag was? ;)

I don't think any of these games were prototypes.

Pizza Chef, Immies & Aggies and Stone Age were finished games.

In fact, I'm almost certain that these were originally Suntek games, (badly) converted to NTSC by ZiMAG / Emag / Vidco (and then stolen by CCE).

Suntek's Spectracube Invasion (AKA Immies & Aggies) and Criminal Persuit (AKA A Mysterious Thief) are the living proof of this.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pizza Chef and Stone Age (which could be ZiMAG's Dinograms!) will eventually pop up as Suntek titles too.

Same goes for the unknown Datatech game, btw.

Eventually it all leads to the three Taiwanese mothers: Bit Corporation, Funvision and Suntek.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

I know that I have probably asked this before but do we know if the three companies you mentioned were all at the same address or part of a bigger corporation. Was it a case of like Washing Powder in which virtually every brand on the market is in fact part of one of only three seperate groups? That would explain why so many companies had their hands on so many of the same games ;)

The only thing I know is that they were all situated in Taiwan.

8)

But you agree that there could be a link between them. ;)

Funvision, Ultravision, Suntek, Rainbow Vision and Goliath are more or less connected.

Bit Corporation stand more on its own, I think.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Anyone who thinks that Pizza Chef is a finished game, needs a straight jacket. :P

That is a valid point for if it is finished it was no wonder that it was dropped. It is too frustrating to be true and some of the other pirated games seem to possess an unfinshed or unpolished feel to them that made me question whether they were prototypes that other companies ahd somehow snapped up ;)

Anyone who thinks that Pizza Chef is a finished game, needs a straight jacket. :P

Trust me: it is.

I've played this game for almost a whole day.

I can still hear the walking sound of the cook.

It will never completely disappear and...

You're right: I need that straight jacket.

8)

I've been thinking about Motocross by Quelle. It has always reminded me of the arcade game Traverse USA, the second stage that was run over a cross country section. Has any one studied the code to see if it was fully finished and as to its source? Also did it come out before Traverse USA or after? ;)

I've been thinking about Motocross by Quelle. It has always reminded me of the arcade game Traverse USA, the second stage that was run over a cross country section. Has any one studied the code to see if it was fully finished and as to its source? Also did it come out before Traverse USA or after? ;)

Don't know exactly.

Both Zippy Race (Traverse USA) and Motocross were released in 1983.

Could very well be that Zippy Race inspired the creators of Motocross.

Also, Zippy Race is a Japanese release and Motocross is a Taiwanese release.

8)

Again a possible connection, a slim one but still a possibility. Does anyone know if it is finished though? ;)

Yes, it is.

It plays different tunes after completing a round and it even plays a demo.

There's nothing unfinished about it.

The gameplay reminds me of (a bird's view version of) Enduro.

It's actually quite fun to play.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Yes it is fun to play. I asked if it was unfinished for it always felt to me a little unpolished. I guess it was just due to being a foreign rlease. Mind you its sticks out like Mr Postman for being an original game though ;)