IGNORED

Pirates or originals?

Foxsolo2000

Rom found this interesting clone of a 2600. Thought you might like to see it.

post-6677-1155155773_thumb.jpgpost-6677-1155155795_thumb.jpg

Tom Brazil, found this game on Brazillian Ebay. Could you ask the seller what the game was?

post-6677-1155155841_thumb.jpg

And finally Rom I dont believe you this Enduro on Atarimania although I could be wrong ;)

post-6677-1155155903_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Ok its been a while but I thought I would ressurect this old thread as there are still some games left unclarified. If anyone knows or owns any of the following list please dont hesitate to identify them. ;)

* Ammunition

* Base

* Bea Attack

* Bump Ball

* Demond

* Evil Attack

* Funnix

* Galaga

* Helicopter Rescue

* King of World

* Lasser

* Lie Low

* Number Zapper

* OOPS

* Phantom Tank I

* Robot

* Ski Runner

* Slock

* Sneak Attack

* Space Ark

* Star Raid

* Tennis

* Tennis I

* Tennis II

* Wolf Fighting

* Year 3000 (Mission 3,000 A.D.)

• 4 months later...

What ive always wondered is who programmed Bobby is Going Home and who was the first company to release it?

Rom Hunter would be your best bet for an answer as he has several therioes in the matter. Anyway does anyone have any of the games listed? ;)

What ive always wondered is who programmed Bobby is Going Home and who was the first company to release it?
This is the original version of Bobby is Going Home:

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...ERSION_ID=14117

It was programmed by Bit Corporation in 1983.

8)

Bah, as far as I'm concerned it's NTSC like most of the Taiwan Coopers.

* ducks for cover *

It was programmed by Bit Corporation in 1983.

8)

Bah, as far as I'm concerned it's NTSC like most of the Taiwan Coopers.

* ducks for cover *

I've often wondered why Taiwan Coopers are mainly NTSC when most are found in Europe? Seriously though, at the risk of sounding like a cracked record does anyone have any ideas on the remaining games on the list? Any help would be greatly appreciated ;)

Seriously though, at the risk of sounding like a cracked record does anyone have any ideas on the remaining games on the list? Any help would be greatly appreciated ;)
Some of these titles are found on Taiwanese multi-game carts.

This could explain the fact that some of these titles haven't shown up as single game carts yet.

8)

Seriously though, at the risk of sounding like a cracked record does anyone have any ideas on the remaining games on the list? Any help would be greatly appreciated ;)
Some of these titles are found on Taiwanese multi-game carts.

This could explain the fact that some of these titles haven't shown up as single game carts yet.

8)

That is very true but sadly I have never been able to get my hands on the multi carts in question to see what the games are. It also leads to the question if any of the listed games made it as single enders or were they just destined to be multi-cart titles? Most of the games I chased on this thread have surfaced as cartridges in their own right and I cling to the belief that somewhere out there they exist. I just need that lucky break ;)

Ok its been a while but I thought I would ressurect this old thread as there are still some games left unclarified. If anyone knows or owns any of the following list please dont hesitate to identify them. ;)

* Ammunition

* Base

* Bea Attack

* Bump Ball

* Demond

* Evil Attack

* Funnix

* Galaga

* Helicopter Rescue

* King of World

* Lasser

* Lie Low

* Number Zapper

* OOPS

* Phantom Tank I

* Robot

* Ski Runner

* Slock

* Sneak Attack

* Space Ark

* Star Raid

* Tennis

* Tennis I

* Tennis II

* Wolf Fighting

* Year 3000 (Mission 3,000 A.D.)

Which Tennis are you looking for, is it this one?

I have a "Bobby Geht Nach Hause" cart that doesn't quite match any of the ones on AtariMania. The interior cart plastics are just like an Atari trapdoor cart (I haven't checked for parts interchangeability, but it uses the same design of trapdoor and spring) but the exterior of the cartridge features six grooves on either side on the edges and extending about 1" across the back. In the middle, between the grooves, are raised letters "S.S.". The label features the painting of the child running toward an arch bridge, but the text is above the picture, two lines, in Avant Garde bold. The text is left aligned; the edges of the second line line up with the edges of the picture.

The circuit board contains a window 2732 EPROM with no label. The board is labeled "ROB 2732" and has labels for the 74LS04 and EPROM, but no manufacturer info.

So what do I have?

I have a "Bobby Geht Nach Hause" cart that doesn't quite match any of the ones on AtariMania. The interior cart plastics are just like an Atari trapdoor cart (I haven't checked for parts interchangeability, but it uses the same design of trapdoor and spring) but the exterior of the cartridge features six grooves on either side on the edges and extending about 1" across the back. In the middle, between the grooves, are raised letters "S.S.". The label features the painting of the child running toward an arch bridge, but the text is above the picture, two lines, in Avant Garde bold. The text is left aligned; the edges of the second line line up with the edges of the picture.

The circuit board contains a window 2732 EPROM with no label. The board is labeled "ROB 2732" and has labels for the 74LS04 and EPROM, but no manufacturer info.

So what do I have?

Most probably the Quelle release.

Grey label with big white letters, right?

That Tennis is a Taiwanese Cooper Black cart:

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...8970&MENU=2

It's Activision's Tennis.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Yeah, though none of the Quelle games on the site looked quite like this one. It may be useful to have an area of your site describing different cartridge plastics and boards. I'll see if I can get some photos if that would be helpful.

Yeah, though none of the Quelle games on the site looked quite like this one. It may be useful to have an area of your site describing different cartridge plastics and boards. I'll see if I can get some photos if that would be helpful.

That would be great ;)

Yeah, though none of the Quelle games on the site looked quite like this one. It may be useful to have an area of your site describing different cartridge plastics and boards.

Will be added in the future.

BTW: it's a standard Quelle cart. AtariAge also has a scan of it.

8)

It does match perfectly. Curious none of the Quelle carts on your site (for any title) seem to match that style. I'm also curious why the interior mechanical design seems to match normal Atari trapdoor style so perfectly.

BTW, it might also be helpful for your site to include some sort of ROM checksum in your tables (at least for games where you have the code). That wouldn't eliminate the need for a "based on" column (since hacks would have totally different checksums from the games on which they were based), but could help clarify confusion that may surround different code versions, both in cases where two companies independently e.g. hacked an NTSC game to PAL, and in cases where a game was found to have bugs after release and consequently corrected.

The latter issue, IMHO, could be especially interesting if the site could identify "open questions". For example, what label variations correspond with what ROM releases of Superman, Dodg'Em, or Asteroids?

It does match perfectly. Curious none of the Quelle carts on your site (for any title) seem to match that style. I'm also curious why the interior mechanical design seems to match normal Atari trapdoor style so perfectly.

BTW, it might also be helpful for your site to include some sort of ROM checksum in your tables (at least for games where you have the code). That wouldn't eliminate the need for a "based on" column (since hacks would have totally different checksums from the games on which they were based), but could help clarify confusion that may surround different code versions, both in cases where two companies independently e.g. hacked an NTSC game to PAL, and in cases where a game was found to have bugs after release and consequently corrected.

The latter issue, IMHO, could be especially interesting if the site could identify "open questions". For example, what label variations correspond with what ROM releases of Superman, Dodg'Em, or Asteroids?

That would go a long way to answering a few questions about these pirates ;)

Omegamatrix is trying to find out what label variations correspond with what double released ROMS.

Once that puzzle is 100% solved, I will put the right ROM to the corresponding label variation.

BTW: our whole Quelle collection still needs to be scanned.

8)