IGNORED

Flashback 2.0 Release Date

Well when I checked with my local GameStop they said 8/24. BUt we know that GameStop is supposed to get it later than places like Wal-Mart and Target. So I checked Wal-Mart on Saturday and they looked it up on Wal-Mart.com and it's listed for 8/23. I'll just hope that Target will have it in sooner, but it's looking to be around these dates.

Well when I checked with my local GameStop they said 8/24. BUt we know that GameStop is supposed to get it later than places like Wal-Mart and Target. So I checked Wal-Mart on Saturday and they looked it up on Wal-Mart.com and it's listed for 8/23. I'll just hope that Target will have it in sooner, but it's looking to be around these dates.

893794[/snapback]

WM's shipments were the first, their 350K units airshipped on the 15th, so they will receive them first. How long it takes from their distribution centers to the regional centers to their retail outlets and the sub-distributions to places like EB Games, Gamestop, etc... I couldn't tell you.

I believe Best Buy's shipment goes out the end of this week, followed by Target and several others, so far 860K units have been ordered, retailers are still placing orders for the 1st batch until August 7th, so I'm hopeful that it'll break 1 Million for this holiday season, then the re-orders and then the PAL units for the UK/Europe.

QVC has a special shipment of 50K of units going to them, check your local listings and their schedule, they will be airing a Christmas in July special and are doing 2 8 minute segments and 1 12 minute segment, they will be doing 1 of them as a 30K of units sold in 30 minutes.

Curt

893794[/snapback]

WM's shipments were the first, their 350K units airshipped on the 15th, so they will receive them first. How long it takes from their distribution centers to the regional centers to their retail outlets and the sub-distributions to places like EB Games, Gamestop, etc... I couldn't tell you.

I believe Best Buy's shipment goes out the end of this week, followed by Target and several others, so far 860K units have been ordered, retailers are still placing orders for the 1st batch until August 7th, so I'm hopeful that it'll break 1 Million for this holiday season, then the re-orders and then the PAL units for the UK/Europe.

QVC has a special shipment of 50K of units going to them, check your local listings and their schedule, they will be airing a Christmas in July special and are doing 2 8 minute segments and 1 12 minute segment, they will be doing 1 of them as a 30K of units sold in 30 minutes.

Curt

894068[/snapback]

Well that's what I was hoping for. The clerk at Wal-Mart obviously had no idea what I was talking about and could only say that he could only confirm that date. I asked him if there was a chance if they could get them earlier and he just said that he could only go with that date mentioned. So it's good to hear that the units are in shipping. I guess I'll just check that Wal-Mart every week just in case. :)

And that's awesome to hear that you're expecting to sell over a million of these units. And just to think that the last time an Atari hardware product sold this well was back in the days of the Lynx (I believe).

Edited by Shaggy the Atarian