IGNORED

Will Flashback 2 be released in Europe?

Hello there,

This is my first (but hopefully not the last :) ) message on the AtariAge forum. I'ven been a quite regular reader for some weeks now. I do not have any Atari equipment myself, apart of the Flashback 1, but I always was a big fan of the 2600 and 8-bit game consoles in general. I am learning NES 8-bit programming right now and my first (simple) test ROM is more or less in development (still lots to find out, though). I really would love to move on to 2600 programming after I have experience with the NES, but first things first.

However, now to switch to on-topic mode :)

I've had quite a hard time obtaining the Flashback console in my home country Holland. None of the big stores that I visited sold it (but most of them did sell those TV joysticks), but luckily I found it after all at a very small shop in Holland (Quite interesting to see that the European version of the box and console itself do not mention the '7800' at all, it is only briefly mentioned in the manual).

Is it known yet whether the FlashBack 2 will be released in Europe (and hopefully Holland too)? If so, will distribution in Europe be similair to the first version?

Thanks for your time! (And my apologies for my (somtimes) poor English).

Best regards,

Vincent

I'll let everyone know when we start work on the PAL version for UK/Europe.

Uhm, actually UK belongs to Europe (and don't let them tell you anything different :D).

894886[/snapback]

I wont tell if you wont ;-)

For the European market the consoles may have Asterix and Obelix to replace two of the games on the system to appeal more to Europeans since they are well known characters.

Curt

Well if the Eurpoean market is treated to Asterix and Obelix I think we should get the Mr. T game here. Wasn't it just a modified version of Saboteur?

...at the very least Atari could cut some deal with the Savage Team to bring over Knight Rider 2600 and Diff'rent Strokes. After all they're warm to basic. :D

Okay okay seriously... my vote would be for an imrpoved version of Crystal Castles, something that looks as good as Solaris or Midnight Magic.

• 2 weeks later...

For the European market the consoles may have Asterix and Obelix to replace two of the games on the system to appeal more to Europeans since they are well known characters.

Curt

894954[/snapback]

I´d recommend the following game for us europeans:

post-2689-1122621014_thumb.jpg

Curt

894954[/snapback]

I´d recommend the following game for us europeans:

post-2689-1122621014_thumb.jpg

900700[/snapback]

Actually, that might have been a good game for the US release as well. ;)