IGNORED

On TV - Flashback 2

I just got off the phone with QVC customer service and gave them the item# and he said blah blah blah 2.0 with bonus cdrom and I was like yep thats the item I want. He said I could order now and it would be in stock ready for shipping!

Now I wish I would of wrote his name down after reading what jersey is saying :ponder:

Edited by ATARIeric

I just tried ordering online right now. After I was done it said my order would arrive on October 18!!!!

I was like... WHAT??????

I immedietly cancelled the order. The customer support guy had no idea about them selling it early or about it going on air on Sunday. He said that was the date and offered to cancel the order, which is what I did.

WTF?  October?

897557[/snapback]

I have a hard time believing that is accurate. It's likely that this date was entered into their online store some time ago and that they haven't updated it to reflect reality. I suppose it is possible that they won't be getting them for some time and that they are just allowing people to "pre-order" it to ensure its arrival in time for Christmas. Maybe Curt can shed some additional light? Maybe they'll make mention of when it'll ship later tonight when it's demonstrated on-air?

..Al

WTF?  October?

897557[/snapback]

I have a hard time believing that is accurate. It's likely that this date was entered into their online store some time ago and that they haven't updated it to reflect reality. I suppose it is possible that they won't be getting them for some time and that they are just allowing people to "pre-order" it to ensure its arrival in time for Christmas. Maybe Curt can shed some additional light? Maybe they'll make mention of when it'll ship later tonight when it's demonstrated on-air?

..Al

897561[/snapback]

I would say the date will get moved up for release but I could be wrong due to the units will be transported from china in a container on a ship which usually takes a months time to get from china to the usa ports, then they need to unload the ship, load tractor trailers & trains on the west coast and from that point it usually takes a week to get to the east coast, & then they need to unload the truck at the QVC warehouse, do the inventory count and get them ready for shipping. id say roughly 2 1/2 months the earliest from when Curt said they started production is when they would actually start shipping from QVC in Lancaster PA :)

I am looking forward to purchasing the "Flashback 2.0" dedicated console but I don't have to be the first on the block. I will wait until this baby retails at my local stores so I don't have to add shipping and handling costs. I hope this system includes homebrews like it is rumored to have. That would be awesome! :)

Best Regards,

Doug

Now currently playing "BRUTAL SPORTS FOOTBALL" for the Atari Jaguar Console.

Well it looks like the Flashback 2 is being sold on QVC for the "Christmas in July" price of $28.52 which includes the BONUS Win CD. Also, they now have a pic of the unit up which you can zoom around on.

The ship date was changed from October. Unfortunately its not much better, it now says Advance orders ship 9/27/05. Thats about a month and a half after our local stores are supposed to start carrying them (from what I understand).

Those are the same two guys I saw on the C64DTV's appearance =P

897815[/snapback]

David Venable has a great job, I would be bigger than a house if I was able to eat all that corkys pulled pork and juniors cakes that he gets to eat :P

14,000 Fb2's now have sold :)

Edited by ATARIeric

Anybody notice how long the segment was?  It looked a good 10 minutes at least, probably around 12.

897824[/snapback]

I did get choked up with the 80 year old lady who called and mentioned that she is going through cancer treatments and said to David that she sent him a Christmas card last year plus she is in love with him and every time she sees him on TV that he brightens her day up :)

Sweet caller and she did purchase a FB2 for her 52 year old son :) That was cool.

Edited by ATARIeric

I tuned in at about 9:03 I think..or there about. Kinda forget as I was in the middle of baking a cake.

As soon as I put it on I saw the Atari machine and it looked pretty sweet sitting there with those classic joysticks. However it seemed as they were running down a bunch of products that they would show in detail during the show.

So did the Flashback 2 get shown again in detail, did they show a live TV feed of the gameplay and have it set up live for them to play? After about 30 minutes I just couldn't stand watching that channel. My goodness, QVC or any home shopping channel for that matter is so irritating to me.

$29.99 seemed good, especially that it comes with the Atari Anniversary CD-Rom, right? And shipping was around $6? Was thinking about ordering on the website but now reading they may not ship till October I can definitely wait until Toys R Us or Best Buy near me gets them first.

I have my good Commodore 1702 sitting here waiting to see what that thing looks like.

So did the Flashback 2 get shown again in detail, did they show a live TV feed of the gameplay and have it set up live for them to play?

897930[/snapback]

Yep, they were sitting there playing centipede, asteroids and pitfall plus a kid at another TV off to the side was playing pitfall with the other FB2 :D

They also said if you still had your original atari2600 joysticks that you could use them with your flashback2 & that you may also use the paddle controllers with it

Edited by ATARIeric

As of 11am, they just aired another 8 min spot, so far 35,000 units sold and they only have 8,000 units left and still have a 6pm spot to air, so they will be sold out today on these.

Curt

898163[/snapback]

I just sent my mother this thread with what Curt just posted and she sent me back her QVC number and told me I better buy because they wont have anymore come september and she wants to make sure her lil boy is happy LOL :P

Thanks Curt!

I just watched the show from this morning, they said they have sold over 30 something thousand and have less than 4,000 left to sell.

That's real impressive numbers.

(I hope that Atari makes enough units>>>>>>>>)

They also said that they were told that when the unit is released it will be

in limited quantities.

I just watched the show from this morning, they said they have sold over 30 something thousand and have less than 4,000 left to sell.

in limited quantities.

898267[/snapback]

based on the size of each box, id say roughly 5000 units per container, Id like to hijack those 7 trucks :P

in limited quantities.

898267[/snapback]

based on the size of each box, id say roughly 5000 units per container, Id like to hijack those 7 trucks :P

898274[/snapback]

The Atari Homeland Security Force has intercepted this communication and would like a word with you.

s_LostLuggage_3.png

in limited quantities.

898267[/snapback]

898274[/snapback]

The Atari Homeland Security Force has intercepted this communication and would like a word with you.

s_LostLuggage_3.png

898287[/snapback]

:rolling:

Catch me if you can!

post-2304-1122318732.jpg

crap its hot out & hes gaining up on me

You Atari Homeland security guards are tops, you must of been sent over from England, you waste no time getting your man