IGNORED

Got a 3DO for free!

I noticed that on the local Freecycle group, that someone was giving a way a 3DO.

So, I talked with her and she's agreed to drop it off to where I am on Monday.

It has 2 contollers and no games though. I don't know if there's anything special about the 3DO, but I couldn't turn down a free game console.

I'll see if she shows up on Monday though.

Edited by Kepone

Grats. I absolutly love my 3DOs. If you're interested you can burn CD-R copies of the games until you get some. The FZ-1 (front loader) is a bit more picky than the FZ-10 (top loader). Not sure about the Goldstar version. I have one but haven't hooked it up to even test it yet.

I've had no trouble with my fz-1 with cd-r . Let me know if you're looking for any particular games, I've got about 20, including lucienne's quest, and super street fighter 2 turbo

896748[/snapback]

Yeah, I have a FZ-1 and it has no problems with CD-Rs. If you have highspeed you can find lots of games on the alt.binaries.cd.image.3do newsgroup. Easy to download, extract the .iso or .bin files and burn them onto a CD.

This is the first video game system I've seen offered for free as part of the freecycle thing.

I urge you all to join your local freecycle groups. They give away all kinds of good stuff for free basically. In other words, people recycle things they don't use anymore, etc.

Well, the woman with the 3DO dropped it off today. It has 2 controllers and an RF adaptor. I opted to use my A/V cables with it instead. It powers up as witnessed in screen picture. She left an Alice in Chains CD in it, probably so I could test it. It works really good. No games though.

Good deal! Got it for practically free! :D

I have been trying for weeks to arrange a pick-up with a woman who advertised some SNES games on freecycle...

She advertised 16 games, that she said "did not work in her machine", by the time she got back to me the first time, it was down to 8 games... and the only time I can go pick them up, it seems I am at work... so week after week goes by and I still have no idea what these games are and why they won't work in her machine...

...and yes, you folks are practically lame... ;)

Great find! Congrat's on the 3do addition. We don't have any programs around my area like the one you mentioned, however. I'm always up for flea markets and stuff, and constantly inquiring with my friends if they have anything "free" in the way of game systems to give me.

Funny....the answer is always "no"...

Steve :ponder:

I imagine she didn't have to burn that much gas to drop it off.

Anyways, are there any 3DO enthusiast sites out there? I did a google search and couldn't quite find what I was hoping for. One of the links in this thread is for a torrent site and not a dedicated 3DO site.

Anyways, are there any 3DO enthusiast sites out there? I did a google search and couldn't quite find what I was hoping for. One of the links in this thread is for a torrent site and not a dedicated 3DO site.

899603[/snapback]

Essential site for the 3DO enthusiast here.

896808[/snapback]

899603[/snapback]

Essential site for the 3DO enthusiast here.

896808[/snapback]

899902[/snapback]

It gives me an error saying that I'm not authorized to view. Geez.

:roll:

Love the 3do. I have a goldstar one, which I've had people tell me is very problematic. Yet, I have had little to no problem with it. Don't know if you knew this, but the 3do didn't have region protection, and some of its best games are the imports.

Anyway, good find. I belong to the same group and have yet to find any gems, though.