IGNORED

5 Million Copies of ET

atarigamer

Hey there,

Hey, Howard, glad to see you aboard!

[...] in ET there is a Yar, and Indiana Jones, and HSW3 (my third game) and it also has a JMD, those are the initials of my graphic artist Jerome Domurat (there is another thread about his around here somewhere  :) ).

Yeah, the link is just above...

We'd really like to know how to uncover that one, so if you remember ANYTHING about it after reading the other thread, PLEASE let us know! :-)

Hey there,

Actually I got about three easter eggs in E.T., and that only took about two hours to do. Every one of my games has an "HSW" in it and it also has the main character from each of my previous games. So there is a Yar in RAiders, and in ET there is a Yar, and Indiana Jones, and HSW3 (my third game) and it also has a JMD, those are the initials of my graphic artist Jerome Domurat (there is another thread about his around here somewhere  :) ).

Got to hit the road, see you all in a few days,

HSW

Despite what others may say I loved Raiders of the Lost Ark. It was the first challenging game I played on the 2600. Once I finally figured it out I still played for countless hours.

I actually enjoyed ET, but I think I liked the graphics more than anything else - any thoughts on tuning the falling into the pit bit ;)

Yars was excellent also - Esp how the name came about - sense of humor indeed

I would just like to say that its awesome to see the original programer or E.T., Yars Revenge, and Raiders of the lost ark on this forum. By the way Yars revenge has always been one of my favorite games. That game is very addictive and fun to play. I would like to say HSW that I think that you are a true legend in the gaming community. If there was a Video game hall of fame you would be in it. A question I have for you is there any thought of making a atari 2600 homebrew. I personally think if a person of your stature were ever to make a homebrew that the atari 2600 video game community would be immensly grateful. I personally feel that there is a huge market for old programers to make new homebrews. Currently all homebrews that I know off are made by people who have come after the atari 2600 was non existint.

god the pits are so easy i dont know why people still bitch about them to this day its all a reflex test. as soon as you fall in a pit, press and hold the button. if you are fast, you will be out rather quickly. the pits can actually be a great way to loose someone whos right on your tail if you float out the other side, if gives you some good distance. once you've got the reflex speed to hop in an out of pits with ease, you can start to run around really fast and the game becomes even more enjoyable.

For one, I know they donated gabs of the things to charity at one point some years after their supposed destruction, as our local thrift store, Alabama Thrift Store, (Now America's Thrift), got a lot . . . That's where I got mine . . . In, I believe, 1990 . . . Saw them in Bud's (Wal-Mart consignment) during the same time frame, also . . . In boxes, too . . .

They weren't destroyed, they were just widely disseminated and sold over so many years that it had to have been a major loss . . .

As for ET as a game, I LOVE it . . . Much less confusing than Raiders, more complex than Adventure, and extremely playable comapred to SwordQuest . . .

And where's Indy? I've seen the rest of the eggs at various points . . . Even though I've never seen the Yar in Raiders . . .

Actually I got about three easter eggs in E.T., and that only took about two hours to do. Every one of my games has an "HSW" in it and it also has the main character from each of my prev ...

Hi Howard, great to see you finally found this place. :)

Does Sabouteur or A-Team have any Easter Eggs or previous characters in it? I think in A-Team there's a little guy who looks like the FBI (CIA?) agent from E.T and there is a Yar in Saboteur.

Saboteur

A-Team

Tempest

Hey everybody,

Just dropped in to say:

Here is another signature in ET I haven't heard anyone mention yet... the phone pieces. If you look at them carefully, you will notice that one is an 'H' another is an 'S' and the last one is a 'W'

The idea of doing a homebrew is an attractive one. One thought I have had since about 83 is a sequel to Yars that I thought would be a great game, and to this day still I have never seen anyone anywhere do my gameplay idea. It does however require a paddle controller. I wonder how many people have those now?

Sabotuer was never "finished" by me, but there was a Yar that would go back and forth very occasionally in the gantry (first) game screen. I wasn't on it long enough to add my other "signature" signatures. :)

Speaking of E.T., would you like to hear what Steven Spielberg said about me and ET in 1983? The incredible webthang (the only other HSW I have ever met, really) has seen fit to post a video clip for your perusal. (the link is in my sig (where else?))

And to all of you who enjoyed the games, remember one thing please... that is why I made them. So thank YOU!

Dig you later,

HSW

The idea of doing a homebrew is an attractive one. One thought I have had since about 83 is a sequel to Yars that I thought would be a great game, and to this day still I have never seen anyone anywhere do my gameplay idea. It does however require a paddle controller. I wonder how many people have those now?

That sounds great! I'm not sure but I think most of us who still play the 2600 have a good set of paddle controllers. How else could we play Kaboom!, Warlords, etc.?

There are two 2600 homebrews that use paddles--Marble Craze and SCSIcide. Both games are excellent. Marble Craze is on my top ten 2600 game list.

Are you familar with the Stella Mailing List? I'm sure everyone there would appreciate your expertise.

Has anyone ever done a poll to see how many still have paddles for their Atari systems?

I have several sets of paddles, and I'm sure that most people here on AtariAge have lots of paddles as well. They're essential for playing Kaboom!. The problem is that most people probably have jittery paddles. A good cleaning should solve that. I would definitely enjoy seeing more games take advantage of the paddles - they give much more precice control than anything else IMHO. There are plenty of paddles out there, and if worse comes to worse, you could always build paddles. They're just a pot and a button in a box...

Ian Primus

ian_primus@yahoo.com

Boy does that sound good. :D And yeah we all have paddle controllers.

And to all of you who enjoyed the games, remember one thing please... that is why I made them. So thank YOU!

Nah thank YOU! Those games were enjoyed worldwide. I was lovin' Yars & Raiders back in the 80's in Guam so your work reached all of us very nicely. I still remember my amazement finding that when the clock hit a certain time, it would flash the location of the ark on the maproom.. man, it was like I was hit with a ton of bricks. What an awesome feeling of discovery :D

Excuse me for butting in here and I hope I'm not breaking rules by cross posting this here and in MarketPlace (I promise this is the last place I'll post it).

HSW asked me to stop by and let you all know that we posted a contest on his web site today. Just a silly little thing for you Easter Egg fiends :twisted:

You see, Howard couldn't resist slipping his signature into the Once Upon Atari DVD. And now he wants to see just how serious you are about such things. (figures he'd have to make his DVD into a game, eh?)

Soooooo those of you who own it, rev up the ole DVD machine and start looking. If you think you have found it,

[*] take yourself out to the site at www.scottw.com;

[*] scroll down the left-hand column to the news headlines (under the special price announcement);

[*] Click on the link to read the instructions;

[*]and send in your answer using the form.

first one who finds it gets a small token of our appreciation (believe me, it's pretty small!)

• 2 months later...