IGNORED

Atlantis Day Label

shadow460

In my area, it's at least 6.

I've got my paws on two Sears picture label carts (Missile Command and Night Driver) of Rarity 5 rating with ease--and they are clean.

I've also located two rarity 6 carts for less than 50 cents each.

Atlantis cost me $1 per copy. One day label, one common night label.

Tomorrow I may go get the other night label this vendor has in case it's Atlantis II.

I've never seen either text label variation of this game.

Geez, another label variation! Turns out that all three copies the local gameXchange had were different labels.

I know of no less than seven versions of Atlantis now, four of which I have.

I have the day scene, the first night scene (kind of cartoonish appearance with the Dome City raised up near the bottom), the second night scene, and the Activision Classics CD version.

I lack both text labels, and like most everyone else, Atlantis II.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a stupid question.

Which came first, the Imagic text labels or the Imagic picture labels?

I have two "complete" sets of Atlantis right now. One has all night scenes, and everything appears to be rev-1 or rev-A (I'm not at home right now, so I'm pulling this from memory). The other has a day-scene manual and box, both of which have higher rev numbers, plus the box doesn't have "NEW" next to the game title. So, I'm assuming that the day-scene packaging came out after the night-scene packaging. However, my day-scene box has a text-label cartridge, and I'm not sure if those really go together.

• 1 year later...

-Giant 1 year 3 month bump-

Not to cause trouble or anything.

After years of collecting, I just got this cart.

My 445th Atari 2600 cart to be exact.

Never found it in the wild, at a flea, or in a thrift.

Because of the rarity 2, I refused to pay more than $5.00 for it on Ebay.

That's where I finally got it though... after about 7 years of looking.

Maybe a 4 ?

They are usually available, but no where near the numbers of night or text labels.

I would say at least 30:1.

(I know they rarely get changed, but just wanted to throw in my dos pesos.)

Must be a regional thing or else I've just had strange luck. I know I've got 1, maybe 2 rattling around somewhere and I've passed on at least 3 more I've seen.

But how many more night label or text labels have you seen.

I've had many Atlantis night labels go through my hands. I've passed on way more than 3 night label Atlantis carts in my collecting days.

If this is the case, the day label should be listed more rare than the night label. Right now they are the same.

Must be a regional thing or else I've just had strange luck. I know I've got 1, maybe 2 rattling around somewhere and I've passed on at least 3 more I've seen.

But how many more night label or text labels have you seen.

I've had many Atlantis night labels go through my hands. I've passed on way more than 3 night label Atlantis carts in my collecting days.

If this is the case, the day label should be listed more rare than the night label. Right now they are the same.

Oh, no argument there. It's certainly more scarce than the night label. I was just kind of surprised from this and other related topics about people never having found one in the wild. Then again, there are other R2s, like 2600 Crossbow, that I've never encountered.

I have two "complete" sets of Atlantis right now. One has all night scenes, and everything appears to be rev-1 or rev-A (I'm not at home right now, so I'm pulling this from memory). The other has a day-scene manual and box, both of which have higher rev numbers, plus the box doesn't have "NEW" next to the game title. So, I'm assuming that the day-scene packaging came out after the night-scene packaging. However, my day-scene box has a text-label cartridge, and I'm not sure if those really go together.

Now that this thread's alive again, maybe somebody finally can answer this? Maybe? :)

Now that this thread's alive again, maybe somebody finally can answer this? Maybe? :)

The answer depends upon the Imagic title, since some were released first in text, others released first in picture. Here is how I align the releases chronologically:

First release, text versions for Trick Shot (720000-100), Demon Attack (720000-200), Star Voyager (720000-201), "For use with Atari..." text located at bottom on silver background:

http://www.atariage.com/cart_page.html?SoftwareLabelID=135

post-1335-1164048057_thumb.jpg

Second release, picture versions, typically with "Rev. A" (first release of this title) or "Rev. B" (second release of the three original titles listed above):

http://www.atariage.com/cart_page.html?SoftwareLabelID=134

post-1335-1164048093_thumb.jpg

Third release, text labels, with "For use with Atari..." below game title on orange background. These have serial numbers 720xxx-1y, where "y" is either A, B, or C depending upon if this is the first, second, or third release of this title:

http://www.atariage.com/cart_page.html?SoftwareLabelID=11

post-1335-1164048203_thumb.jpg

Fourth release, Activision re-release, white text with blue background:

http://www.atariage.com/cart_page.html?SoftwareLabelID=133

post-1335-1164048237_thumb.jpg

Those are the major release styles in the US. There are other international releases. For example, there is a multi-language text release of Demon Attack with serial number 720101-2 Rev B. I believe the US releases were 720xxx-1 and international releases were 720xxx-2.

Pics for the above links are included in case the links eventually change.

I only showed pics of NTSC releases. The silver international one can be found from Canada with an NTSC ROM. For the elventy-seven PAL releases, just go to atarimania.com :) , like the Activision and HES releases, polyvox, fill-in-the-blank-vision, etc.

I think I have all the Imagic box variations found in the US. They are all silver except for the blue labels that come in the black style box. I do not have that many PAL boxes...ask Marco ;)