IGNORED

Atlantis II

shadow460

I thought at first the only way to tell a difference was in the score. The installations are all multicolored in this version, too.

I'll have to keep my eyes open for more night scene Atlantis carts. At a buck each, well, it's worth buying as many as possible and keeping my hopes up.

I thought at first the only way to tell a difference was in the score.  The installations are all multicolored in this version, too.

901539[/snapback]

I'm not sure what you mean here, as the "installations" are multicolored in the original version of the game as well. Here are screenshots from the original version of the game as well as Atlantis II, so you can compare them side-by-side. You can also download the ROMs for each of these and try them in an emulator:

Atlantis Screenshots

Atlantis II Screenshots

As for picking up any night Atlantis carts on the off chance you might score an Atlantis II, I also subscribe to that train of thought. :)

..Al

I suppose I should have been more specific. Most of the installations are multicolored in the regular game.

Every time I've played Atlantis on actual hardware, the Acropolis Command Post was all orange.

In the Atlantis II ROM, it was multicolored.

That's wierd, though, cause it is multicolored in the emulator.

Knowing my luck, I'd find a cart with a demolished night label, only to plug it in and find out it was Atlantis II.

By the way, both version of this game just mopped the floor with me today.

Edited by shadow460