IGNORED

Atari Flashback 2 in Canada

Still no sign of the FB2 in Eastern Ontario. Been lookin like a mad man for the last week or so and still nothing. They just keep telling me they don't know but come back tommorow cause someone else might know better.. blah, blah, blah...

I thought Wal-Mart was gonna have them out last week of July or the First week of August?? IS that still a go? I'm getting ansey damn it!! ;)

Didn't someone already say that they heard it was going to be in Toys 'R' Us on August 8th or something like that?

904089[/snapback]

I'll have to check out a Toys'R'Us. Zeller's don't seem to have them (at least at the one I went to)

Didn't someone already say that they heard it was going to be in Toys 'R' Us on August 8th or something like that?

904089[/snapback]

I'll have to check out a Toys'R'Us. Zeller's don't seem to have them (at least at the one I went to)

904423[/snapback]

There's some irony...buying new Atari warez at Zellers...should ask them if they have any cartridges to go with it :D

904089[/snapback]

904423[/snapback]

There's some irony...buying new Atari warez at Zellers...should ask them if they have any cartridges to go with it :D

904481[/snapback]

I wonder whatever happened to all those unsold Zellers Pirate Carts... I wonder if they'll show up at some thrift store like the old KMart stock did years ago. Would be a very nice find! :)

I wonder whatever happened to all those unsold Zellers Pirate Carts... I wonder if they'll show up at some thrift store like the old KMart stock did years ago.  Would be a very nice find!  :)

904485[/snapback]

Back in the early 90s I remember bins and bins of those cartridges for a few bucks a piece. I am sure those carts are LONG gone by now.

anyway, Toys'R'Us don't have them yet. They only have Atari Flashback 1 for $29.99 CND.

904089[/snapback]

904423[/snapback]

904481[/snapback]

I wonder whatever happened to all those unsold Zellers Pirate Carts... I wonder if they'll show up at some thrift store like the old KMart stock did years ago. Would be a very nice find! :)

904485[/snapback]

Aye,

They had to go somewhere. Somebody is sitting on a treasure chest. :pirate:

They are going to be sold at Blockbuster video starting this week or next. I did confirm this.

906626[/snapback]

Excellent! * rubs hands together in eagerly in greedy anticipation *

Its likely if you get it from a place that is not walmart, then you'll have a non-defective one.

907426[/snapback]

Probably the Walmart problem is specific to USA shipments. By the time they reach Canada they'll probably be the fixed versions.

According to the Atari Web site, here is where you can buy the Flashback 2 (I've listed only the Canadian dealers)

Canadian Tire

Future Shop

Zellers

Walmart

Loblaw's

Real Canadian Superstore (Loblaw's)

Blockbuster Video

Hollywood Video

London Drugs

Staples

Jumbo Video

Best Buy

Electronic Boutique (EB) Games

Toys 'r Us

Sears

According to the Atari Web site, here is where you can buy the Flashback 2 (I've listed only the Canadian dealers)

Canadian Tire

Future Shop

Zellers

Walmart

Loblaw's

Real Canadian Superstore (Loblaw's)

Blockbuster Video

Hollywood Video

London Drugs

Staples

Jumbo Video

Best Buy

Electronic Boutique (EB) Games

Toys 'r Us

Sears

910073[/snapback]

I called roughly 10 of those places here in Kingston this evening and no one has them yet. EB Games and Future Shop have them in their computers so I would suspect that they will be getting them soon.

I made my rounds in Winnipeg today to see if there was a miracle happening, but no such event has occurred. Still waiting for the Flashback 2 to make an appearance.

And I'm still waiting for some of these places to drop the price on the Flashback 1 to something in the $10 range... hopefully soon! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, Amazon Canada has them in stock. Here's the good part..they are only $29.95 CND. I am not sure if this is an error, or if we are actually gonna get equal pricing in Canada in Canadian dollars. This is a good deal, however, shipping is not free unless you spend $39.00 or more. I picked up a CD for $10 to cover the cost, since it would probably cost about $10 to ship anyway I consider the CD free.

Here's a link for those who can't wait and want to buy online from Amazon Canada. I've included my affliate info in this link, so I get some kickback from Amazon... :-)

http://atari.webhop.org

Edited by Esc

...looks like the 25 of August is not gonna happen, at least according to Walmart's website..I haven't checked with EB, but ...oh well...what's another couple months...hahaha....sob!

...although, I'm sure that this first run of defective FB2's are going to become somewhat of collectibles, I would assume!!...that is, in maybe 20 years or so....again, sob!

...guess it's back to playing my old 6'er...SOB...hey, wait a sec...that ain't so bad!!!

Man, this shipping strike in Vancouver is affecting everything, even the east coast!!!...all electronics coming from Asia, basically!!...

Patience, my Canadian brothers and sisters...as a matter of fact, I'm probably glad that the defective first run won't see our shelves, as I'd rather have it right late than wrong early.