IGNORED

Atari Flashback 2 in Canada

...looks like the 25 of August is not gonna happen, at least according to Walmart's website..I haven't checked with EB, but ...oh well...what's another couple months...hahaha....sob!

...although, I'm sure that this first run of defective FB2's are going to become somewhat of collectibles, I would assume!!...that is, in maybe 20 years or so....again, sob!

...guess it's back to playing my old 6'er...SOB...hey, wait a sec...that ain't so bad!!!

Man, this shipping strike in Vancouver is affecting everything, even the east coast!!!...all electronics coming from Asia, basically!!...

Patience, my Canadian brothers and sisters...as a matter of fact, I'm probably glad that the defective first run won't see our shelves, as I'd rather have it right late than wrong early.

918231[/snapback]

Where did you get this info? I've already placed my order with Amazon

and they claim ships in 2 to 3 days ...

Esc -

That link to the Atari FB on Amazon made me ALL nostalgic, as Amazon lists it as by "Atari Canada"... oh the memories of Atari (Canada) Corp. 90 Gough Road, Units 1 and 2, Markham Ontario. L3R 5V5. I still remember their address by heart... how sad is that...

Anyhow, went to one of those gaming stores in Chinook Mall in Calgary last Friday (I think it was EB), and there was no FB to be found.

Cheers!

Esc -

That link to the Atari FB on Amazon made me ALL nostalgic, as Amazon lists it as by "Atari Canada"... oh the memories of Atari (Canada) Corp.  90 Gough Road, Units 1 and 2, Markham Ontario.  L3R 5V5.  I still remember their address by heart... how sad is that...

Anyhow, went to one of those gaming stores in Chinook Mall in Calgary last Friday (I think it was EB), and there was no FB to be found.

Cheers!

918283[/snapback]

Yes, I remember that address quite well too. I'll have to check it out someday to see what actually is at 90 Gough Road now.

I've ordered one at Amazon, so its expected ship date is August 31st. I used the "super saver" free shipping option, so it takes an extra 3 days..So, I'll report back here when (and if) it arrives by that date. $46 with taxes for the unit, plus a Music CD...not bad...

Still nothing in Eastern Ontario. I searched the whole city I live in yesterday at all the stores listed as carrying them. Fallmart, CRCC, Brickbuster, Crappy Tube, Junky Video's & Sears? The Superstore electroics manager actually said, and I quote: "Whats an ATARI??" I had to walk away in disbelief cause I didn't know weather to laugh in his face or put him back under his rock for another 30 years and put him out of his misery.

Ahhh... So the wait continues...

Shawn Sr.

The release was pushed back to October, no? 

Can we update this thread until then at least once a day with a "Still nuthin'!" anyway?  ;)

921482[/snapback]

Nothing shipped from Amazon yet, but they still have it listed at $29.99

and nothing at local stores here either

Yes, as someone pointed out above, it is in the Wishbook, and I've already asked my son for it for Christmas.

There's memories. Used to deliver the Wishbook every year, and of course pour over it circling all the cartridges I was going to get. In fact, back in the day Sears was the only place to get it here, and usually you had to order it through the catalogue. It would take something like four weeks to ship.

Somehow it's fitting that the Wishbook has it again, even if it is buried in with the kids' mock-video games and not plastering the inside and outside of the back cover...

~G

Yeah, it's in there pretty small, eh?

The Wish Book and the fall Consumer Distributing catalogs...mmmm    :)

Remember SHOPRITE?

923453[/snapback]

Consumers Distributing Fall/Winter catalogs were the best catalogs! I remember getting a couple extra ones and cutting out pictures of stuff I wanted and put them on a piece of paper and stuck it on the fridge as a Chrsitmas wish list.

Damn those Consumers catalogs were the best... nobody makes anything near as good as those anymore. Amazing times they were...

On the topic... no FB 2's in the 'Peg yet either... going down to the States in a few weeks so I may grab a system down there! It'll be fun crossing the border... anything to declare.. I'll be yup! An Atari! Guarantee the guards will wanna check it out! LOL!

They were the best!

No big chain stores in my home town at that time. CD had it all...Star Wars, lots of cheap stereos...TONS of videogame stuff...

Remember how they had a price beside all the furniture of how much it cost at other stores? And it was always like DOUBLE? As if! Ha ha :)

Remember CANDLE???? Remember how its logo was ALMOST an Atari?

They took forever to get the hot stuff in sometimes, but it eventually showed up. Great store...I miss them :)

Edited by sidcrowe