IGNORED

Who misses 3DO?

Nall3k

Are we talking about 3DO the system, or 3DO the company that made games for other systems?

Either way....meh.

907294[/snapback]

They're the same company. They were pretty cutting edge around 1994 ... and on the bleeding edge because their machine was so pricey. It's a nice enough machine for the time, but the software-only stuff? Bleccch. Army Men was a cute idea, but they ran it into the ground just like everything else they did. I don't miss them.

I don't miss the system but I miss their games...specifically a proper sequel to the "Battle Tanx" line on a next gen system.

They sadly really screwed the pooch with "WDL: Thundertanks" (which is what nudged me into buying a PS2...thank goodness there was GTA:VC to pick up the slack).

Seriously, there are like No Good Tank Games on the nextgen systems. Can anyone think of a counterexample?

Seriously, there are like No Good Tank Games on the nextgen systems

Even play seek and destroy?

Heh...actually I wrote a FAQ for it:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/se...stroy_hints.txt

It wasn't multiplayer though, and as much as I dont mind Nintendo's "kiddy" image, I liked Battle Tanx "grittiness". It was almost campy, and they didn't try to make the game realistic or anything. But this game with its talking tanks and what not...that's almost too cute for me. Still, not a bad game especially for its price.

Even a port of "Tokyo Wars" would be nice...I know some homebrewers are trying for that on Xbox.