IGNORED

DreamCast Boot CD's For Atari Emulator- having a problem!!

JagMX

I just got DCStella, and the 715 games from the Atari 2600 are great, but now im trying to burn a backup copy in case something happens to the original disc, but for some damn reason its not burning right. I get the same data on the cd as the original but it wont run! Im having the same problem burning my NES Boot CD, Does anyone know how i can burn them properly without an error? maybe a different software for burning cd's? any recommendations? Im using the Roxio easy cd creator and it doesnt work on that, nor the Padus Discjugglar.. im gunna scream!!!

get you a copy of nero 5. Trust me on this one.. its a DC burners best friend. Whant you wanna do is A) make sure multisession is off, B)Use MODE 2/XA and ISO level 1 (ive never seen a prog that says to burn mode 1), C) make SURE your using ISO 9660 as your Character set, thats the format the DC reads. Make sure you also finialize your cds, ive had one case of a cd not working at all, so i reburned the exact same thing bu finialized it, and that cd is in my DC right now.

Great topic help as usuall.

I also recommend nero for copying things that easy cd creator does not.

at work we need to make back up copies for some computer software for achive purposes, meaning when someone scratches one or leaves the cd in a customers computer, some software just won't copy with easy cd creator but will with nero.

i am not totally bashing easy cd creator. i have easy cd creator 5 on one computer and nero on another. Each i belive has it's own good and bad qualities.

I did find conflicts when i had both installed on a computer with win xp but thats a whole problem XP that is in and of itself and i won't go down that road here.

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by bangles66:

Great topic help as usuall.

I also recommend nero for copying things that easy cd creator does not.

at work we need to make back up copies for some computer software for achive purposes, meaning when someone scratches one or leaves the cd in a customers computer, some software just won't copy with easy cd creator but will with nero.

i am not totally bashing easy cd creator. i have easy cd creator 5 on one computer and nero on another. Each i belive has it's own good and bad qualities.

I did find conflicts when i had both installed on a computer with win xp but thats a whole problem XP that is in and of itself and i won't go down that road here.

I paid 90.00 for the Easy CD Cretor upgrade, and it couldnt even copy this one damn cd!! But its ok cuz i use it alot for other stuff like VCD's Audio cd, mp3's etc.. its a cool piece of software i enjoy, and WinXP....i think i should go get Win98 again or try Me. I had dl'd too many updates for XP, Wishing i hadnt got it installed, but what you gunna do, it aint that bad, but it aint that great either,it cool

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...