IGNORED

Death Race information needed

gonzo

I wrote VGN asking for this info, so I'll paste what they posted:

"The Gonz has written us asking to post a request for information regarding Exidy's 1976 arcade game Death Race. He is looking for screenshots of the graphics ("the closer and bigger, the better"), sound samples from the game, and any other information that can help to write a simulation of the game. It's not known if this simulation will be hardware, or just a clone of the game, but either way, I think it's pretty cool You can send any information that could be helpful to this project to gonzo@atari.net."

So there you have it. If you can help, please email me. I also plan on writing simulations of the original Breakout, Steeplechase, Stunt Cycle, and other pre- CPU games in the future.

Thanks!

The Gonz

I know that the sounds are kinda limited. The few that are etched into my memory are:

-The engine of the car...just a varied rumble, very much like Atari's Combat tanks.

-The "scream" of zombies you hit...possibly done by reversing the sound of ghosts being eaten in PacMan.

-The crunch of running into the grave markers...the same as running into barriers in Tank (although this is unMamed, as well...but probably more common.

-The last one I can't remember for sure, but there may have been "bleeps" near the end of the time limit as the digits flash.

Back in the early 286 days, there was an IBM ripoff of the game that played very close to the original...but I can't remember any details about it (never owned it, but from the screenshots in old gamer mags...the objects in the game were a ...heh ...'dead'-ringer).