IGNORED

5200 Dreadnaught Factor

Varan

quote:

Originally posted by Albert:

According to the manual,
Press either top side Joystick button to drop strontium bombs. Press either bottom side Joystick button to fire laser bolts.
. If you'd like to read the original manual, we have a scan of it
. Enjoy!

..Al

I think he's meaning in emulation. One emulator doesn't display the grafix properly, and the other onew (800win, I believe) doesn't emulate both 5200 buttons. I'd play ito n a real 52 if I had one again, but alas, I do not. Stupidly gave it away years ago.

I'm using MESS and it says keyboard emulation is not 100% for the 5200 and recommends Joystick. Mine's broken. Bah! I just ordered a USB adapter that allows me to use my PS2 controller on my PC. I'll see how that works. My friend already got his and says it works great in MAME.

quote:

Originally posted by Varan:

Just updated to latest version of MESS. No updates to 5200 were included so still can't drop bombs. I'm hoping my USB PSX Controller adapter will be in my mailbox when I get home.

That stinks as Dreadnaught is probably one of the best games on the 5200, and it also makes good use of the bad controllers!

Wasn't there a new release of the Atari800win Plus emu not long ago? I know that one of the new features it supports is the second fire button on the 5200 controller mapping. I haven't downloaded or checked it out for myself yet...but I do know that is one of the items it now has. As that was the one thing I complained about that emu..hehe..

Check the archives here and I am sure you will find it somewhere mentioned. I want to say that was at the beginning of last month or something.