IGNORED

Adding missing levels to Donkey Kong

batari

• 3 years later...

Really surprised nobody has tackled this one yet, even just a better port. Donkey Kong was a very popular game and as a kid I played the heck out of the 2600 version but was always jealous of the Colecovision version. Wish I could help.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Still any interest in this? If we can get a ramps > elevators conversion playable, here's the 2nd piece of the puzzle: the rivets level (almost) hacked into the cement factory/conveyor level. It's playable, but there are some bugs and I've turned obstacle collisions off temporarily.

msg-31389-0-94124500-1373629897.jpg

dkcementlevel3.bin

Major issues still outstanding:

1) You can wander off the screen. I wrote a routine to address this but it didn't work.

2) You can walk across the center gap. One way I can think of to deal with this is to somehow change the 3rd tub from the top (which isn't supposed to move anyway) to a stationary one that sits still above the furnace. But I couldn't make that work.

Not to take anything away from the fantastic DK projects out there...I just like the idea of good ol' classic Coleco 2600 DK with 4 levels.

• Like 4