IGNORED

Hacks for my daughter to Play

Atari Dogs

I was going over 2600 games to play with my daughter and came up with a list of hacks I want on cartridge with a good label and instructions. Lets call these the Go Girl – Jungle Edition.

The first game is the hack of Pitfall with a girl hacked into the roll of Pitfall Harry. Why can’t a girl do it, besides the fact that they are too dainty and jungle adventures are man’s work. The next, of course, would be a hack of Pitfall II. I have not seen this version, but lets do it. The third would be Jungle Jane, the hack of Jungle Hunt. The forth would be Tomb Raider 2600, the hack of Montezuma’s Revenge. A good label and instruction manual would make this game worth it. A final game I came up with as I was writing this is Congo Bongo with a girl hacked into the main character. I was a fan of the arcade game but never really of the 2600 version, but hey, it fits the category so perfectly.

There are other games to hack for girls. The Ninja Duelist hack of Outlaw could just as easily be titled Lady Outlaws. I suppose Alien already has a female lead. Put a bow (or nice square boobs) on our blocky buddy in Adventure.

This could lead all sorts of special edition hack releases once the initial setup it figured out. Just do not tell the attorneys. So, who wants to help me.

• 3 months later...
The first game is the hack of Pitfall with a girl hacked into the roll of Pitfall Harry. 

Done. Jungle_Jane__Hack_.bin

Why can’t a girl do it, besides the fact that they are too dainty and jungle adventures are man’s work.

They're too busy shopping! Shopping_Spree__Hack_.bin

The next, of course, would be a hack of Pitfall II.  I have not seen this version, but lets do it.  The third would be Jungle Jane, the hack of Jungle Hunt.

They have been done yet (I least I do not believe so).

The forth would be Tomb Raider 2600, the hack of Montezuma’s Revenge.

Done. Tomb_Raider_2600__Hack_.bin

Congo Bongo with a girl hacked into the main character.  The Ninja Duelist hack of Outlaw could just as easily be titled Lady Outlaws.  I suppose Alien already has a female lead.  Put a bow (or nice square boobs) on our blocky buddy in Adventure.

I do not believe these have been done either.

NOTE: I do not take credit for any of the above Hacks. I forget who done what.

Perhaps the authors will reply to this thread.

Other ideas to get the pot stirred some more. Female H.E.R.O. (Another just add boobs perhaps). Spider-Woman (Obviously, a hack of Spider-Man).

Even more interesting (At least for me) would be a hack 'Masters of the Universe - The Power of He-Man' into 'She-Ra - Princess of Power'. Hack ideas: Hack opening screen of Adam turning into He-Man, into Adora turning into She-Ra. Hack He-Man in the Wind-Raider, into She-Ra on Swift-Wind (Or was it Wing?). Hack Skelator into Hordak. Change the Castle Greyskull battle scene into Whispering Woods...etc. I think this would make for one heck of a challenging an exciting hack.

However, they author(s?) would hack to be *very* low-key about it. Especially, since Masters of the Universe has recently seen face-lifts and DVD releases. If this was *really* to be pursued maybe they could bring he-man.org into helping or assisting with obtaining "blessings" for the release from the copyright holders (?)

Anyhow, I would say it's only a dream... but I seen some great hacks and other things become a reality... It really isn't *that* far fetched :D

Any Takers? :love:

Edited by Trebor

Even more interesting (At least for me) would be a hack 'Masters of the Universe - The Power of He-Man' into 'She-Ra - Princess of Power'. Hack ideas: Hack opening screen of Adam turning into He-Man, into Adora turning into She-Ra. Hack He-Man in the Wind-Raider, into She-Ra on Swift-Wind (Or was it Wing?). Hack Skelator into Hordak. Change the Castle Greyskull battle scene into Whispering Woods...etc. I think this would make for one heck of a challenging an exciting hack.

However, they author(s?) would hack to be *very* low-key about it. Especially, since Masters of the Universe has recently seen face-lifts and DVD releases. If this was *really* to be pursued maybe they could bring he-man.org into helping or assisting with obtaining "blessings" for the release from the copyright holders (?)

Anyhow, I would say it's only a dream... but I seen some great hacks and other things become a reality... It really isn't *that* far fetched :D

Any Takers? :love:

987652[/snapback]

I had not even thought of hacking He-Man in to She-Ra. That would be a great game. Unfortunately, I would probably need a manual to remind me of the characters. I recall She-Ra, but I do not really know plot lines. I remember watching the Christmas special, but I don't know what happened there. Jesus is saves Eternia, right?

Also, I have tried programing Pitfall versions onto eproms, but when I play the games on the actual hardware, my 5200 with a 2600 module, the colors are wrong. The ladders are invisible, and the ground is the same color as the bottomless pits. It makes the game very frustrating. The roms work fine on my pc emulator. Any ideas? I have programed the Tomb Raider 2600 fine.