IGNORED

Best Electronics

danwinslow

No, they are not out of business. I phoned an order in yesterday, told them that their web site was not responding... and they said they knew about it.

Thought it might be related to the LA blackout at the time, but since it's still not resolving, it's probably a hosting provider transfer issue or something...

No, they are not out of business.  I phoned an order in yesterday, told them that their web site was not responding... and they said they knew about it.

Thought it might be related to the LA blackout at the time, but since it's still not resolving, it's probably a hosting provider transfer issue or something...

930998[/snapback]

Their site is so antiquated I bet they host it off a DSL modem or something.

I offered to help update their site and they didn't even respond to my email.

Web Site is back up today. I asked Brad what was up with the site and here is the reply I got...

Q. Hey Brad, what's up with the website?

A. Sometime on Monday the New server that holds the Best Web site and about 15 others went down Simon. My Web Host company had to rebuild each web site from the beginning again. I just checked and they finally got the Best Web Site up and running today. Three days without the Best Web site Ugh!!!!

Regards,

Bradley Koda

I have never has an issue with Best never emailing back, and I've sent them a ton of messages, and a lot of them were not even about purchases... a lot of times I've just had random Atari questions and I have always got back a reply within 24-48 hours... Brad is a great guy and does a hell of a lot for the community with his sales and service..

Web Site is back up today. I asked Brad what was up with the site and here is the reply I got...

Q.  Hey Brad, what's up with the website?

A.  Sometime on Monday the New server that holds the Best Web site and about 15 others went down Simon.  My Web Host company had to rebuild each web site from the beginning again.  I just checked and they finally got the Best Web Site up and running today.  Three days without the Best Web site Ugh!!!!

Regards,

Bradley Koda

I have never has an issue with Best never emailing back, and I've sent them a ton of messages, and a lot of them were not even about purchases... a lot of times I've just had random Atari questions and I have always got back a reply within 24-48 hours... Brad is a great guy and does a hell of a lot for the community with his sales and service..

931580[/snapback]

Brad is top notch. I have always been happy with my purchases from him.

Yeah, their website is rather poor... and they are still all mail-order and phone order. They kind of remind me of an old-school electronics catalog operation. But they are extremely fast (ordered something this Monday after 5pm my time, and it was on my doorstep Weds morning), and their prices sometimes are under what people get for the same stuff on ebay...

Yeah, their website is rather poor... and they are still all mail-order and phone order.  They kind of remind me of an old-school electronics catalog operation.  But they are extremely fast (ordered something this Monday after 5pm my time, and it was on my doorstep Weds morning), and their prices sometimes are under what people get for the same stuff on ebay...

931656[/snapback]

Boy, this does bring back memories, i saw him (brad K.) that the only computer shopper show i went to in wembley (NW London) he even gave me a free catalogue which i've still get over 10 years later, it was also he that i spoke to regarding the pill and the impossible in late 1998, he in turn put me in touch with Bob Puff... Without people like BK the Atari community would be brown bread (dead)...surely we should start calling him...the new Atari

Edited by carmel_andrews

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 14 years later...