IGNORED

Atari 2700 Remote VCS

HP Atari King of Michigan

According to Curt Vendel, this remote-control version of the 2600 didn't get off the ground because of the joystick/paddle controllers interfering with garage door openers. Which is too bad because it would make a good addition to anyones Atari collection. Share your thoughts on the 2700.

• 2 weeks later...

Dan sold it, it actually has some serious issues, the owner sent it to me and I'm actually giving one last try this weekend to repair it with some replacement receiver chips to see if I can get the beastie fully working again for its owner.

Curt

I think Dan Kramer has one.

932553[/snapback]

Dan sold it, it actually has some serious issues, the owner sent it to me and I'm actually giving one last try this weekend to repair it with some replacement receiver chips to see if I can get the beastie fully working again for its owner.

Curt

I think Dan Kramer has one.

932553[/snapback]

940182[/snapback]

Could you tell me exactly how the console switches work? I've been fascinated by that forever. They are proximity/contact switches like an iPod, right? And there is a top and bottom button for the momentary switches (select and reset). Any reason why?

I'd love to see what that part of the unit looks like disassembled.