IGNORED

Atari Homebrew Cartridge Labeler Software

IT'S TIME!!! If you're a homebrew cartridge maker (i.e. Paul Slocum, Eric Ball, et. al.) you would probably benefit from a Cartridge Labeler Kit complete with CD-Rom so you can print out your labels on any inkjet printer (especially if the label is glossy). Look, they all ready have label kits for CD's (Fellows MediaFace); isn't it about time for a label kit for Atari 2600/5200/7800 homebrew programmers? I think so. How about you? :?:

IT'S TIME!!!  If you're a homebrew cartridge maker (i.e. Paul Slocum, Eric Ball, et. al.) you would probably benefit from a Cartridge Labeler Kit complete with CD-Rom so you can print out your labels on any inkjet printer (especially if the label is glossy).  Look, they all ready have label kits for CD's (Fellows MediaFace); isn't it about time for a label kit for Atari 2600/5200/7800 homebrew programmers?  I think so.  How about you? :?:

931450[/snapback]

Inkjet runs because it's water-soluble. AtariAge prints labels off a color laser printer these days. Color lasers have come down in price considerably.

Edited by mos6507

A labeling kit sounds like a great idea to me.

Speaking of which ... where would one go to buy pre-cut blank labels for 2600/7800 cartridges (I'm talking about the Atari-type face/end labels)? I know you can buy full-sheet labels and cut them to size, but the corners would be square and it would be difficult to make them exactly the same size every time. None of the existing pre-cut labels that I've seen so far (for boxes, envelopes, etc.) are quite the right size.

Speaking of which ... where would one go to buy pre-cut blank labels for 2600/7800 cartridges (I'm talking about the Atari-type face/end labels)?  I know you can buy full-sheet labels and cut them to size, but the corners would be square and it would be difficult to make them exactly the same size every time.  None of the existing pre-cut labels that I've seen so far (for boxes, envelopes, etc.) are quite the right size.

934416[/snapback]

Check labels from AtariAge and you will see that they are perfect. I am sure they use precutted full-sheet labels.

Speaking of which ... where would one go to buy pre-cut blank labels for 2600/7800 cartridges (I'm talking about the Atari-type face/end labels)?  I know you can buy full-sheet labels and cut them to size, but the corners would be square and it would be difficult to make them exactly the same size every time.  None of the existing pre-cut labels that I've seen so far (for boxes, envelopes, etc.) are quite the right size.

934416[/snapback]

Atari Laser Labels

934416[/snapback]

Atari Laser Labels

934570[/snapback]

Do they have round edges? It's very hard to tell due to the low quality JPG.

Inkjet runs because it's water-soluble.  AtariAge prints labels off a color laser printer these days.  Color lasers have come down in price considerably.

You can make inkjet prints virtually waterproof (and smudgeproof) by spraying them with fixative. It's available through art supply stores. Just spray outside though, since the stuff stinks like you wouldn't believe. Works great though. You can get it in glossy or matte finish.

934416[/snapback]

Atari Laser Labels

934570[/snapback]

Do they have round edges? It's very hard to tell due to the low quality JPG.

934911[/snapback]

The corners are rounded. (I have some here, but I don't have a laserjet printer)

:dunce:

• 1 month later...

I don't get up here like I should. Anyway, yes, the labels are rounded to almost exactly the same as real 2600 / 5200 / 7800 labels. I only have in stock laser printer gloss labels right now as I feel they are better quality and don't run. InkJet gloss will be next on my list to produce and finally matte/silver labels. Silver labels are high shine which don't make them exactly the same as the 2600 variations.

I just finished the instructions for the most part on creating/printing. Also, templates in Photoshop format and high quality JPG's are available for download in our forums (http://www.8bitclassics.com/forum). AtariBoy is now posting full quality labels that he is producing in his threads up there also.

Here is one that we printed/recreated for a user:

http://www.blueharvestcds.com/pacman/

Corey