IGNORED

TRS-80?

RickHarrisMaine

My friend used to have a CoCo. I forget if it was a I, II, or III. We used to program it to play weird music. I bought him some cartridges from Radio Shack for his birthday once. I don't know if you still can (and I doubt it) but I got the game from the in store special order catalog from Radio Shack.

Check out this website:

http://nitros9.stg.net/coco_game_list.html

If you have a way to get games off PC onto CoCo disks this place has a lot, or if you got an emulator.

Just bought 6 NIB CoCo games. For some reason I thought they were for TI 99 which I am just getting into(wife had one as a kid).

If you are interested in them, let me know. Rampage, Soko Ban and Baseball are the ones I can think of. PM me if you want the list. They are still in the clamshell plastic cases with manual, all brand new.

Cassidy

A friend of mine and I used to live and breathe our CoCos in late elementary school and into middle school. Like yours, ours were 64k and had the Extended Color Basic expansion for playing music and drawing hi-res graphics without having to use assembly language. His was a CoCo 1 (silver/grey, quite deep case with chicklet keyboard), mine was a CoCo 2 (white, shallow case, similar to the CoCo 3 case). The 1 and 2 were very similar, whereas the CoCo 3 was mostly backwards compatible to the earlier models. Did you pick up a 1 or 2? (I assume yours is not a 3 since those came with 128k RAM stock, IIRC.)

They were great little machines with Motorola 6809E (E for Externally clocked) processors in them. I still have my original CoCo2 as well as (recently) a CoCo3 on which I run NitrOS-9 from a SCSI hard drive (courtesy the wizards at Cloud 9).

If you have some specific questions about the box, while I may not know the answer, I can probably find out for you or point you in the right direction.

I'd be interested in Cassidy's CoCo cart list, but I'm guessing that since they're NIB, the prices will be out of my reach. ;)