IGNORED

Which NTSC Telegames Are Rare?

sly

I know Universal Chaos is hard to find but what about the following?

Bogey Blaster

Quest for Quintana Roo

Glacier Patrol

Chuck Norris

Bump and Jump

943216[/snapback]

Quest for Quintana Roo, Chuck Norris, and Bump and Jump are easy to find. I don't own the other titles but I do see them from time to time on eBay.

I would rank them this way, from most common to rarest:

Quest for Quintana Roo

Bump and Jump / Kung Fu Super Kicks (equally common)

Bogey Blaster

Glacier Patrol

Universal Chaos

UC is really the only rare one. Glacier Patrol is not so much rare as it is in demand because it's an original game, unlike the others.

Where does Night Stalker fit in that list?

946613[/snapback]

Night Stalker is PAL only

946616[/snapback]

Mine isn't. ;-)

They did offer that one for sale through their US store for a while.

IMHO, Universal Chaos, Night Stalker, Bogey Blaster, and Glacier Patrol are all pretty rare and in demand.

QFQR, BNJ, Space Attack and Chuck Norris, are also rare but in low demand because there's still a surplus of them around but even they were produced in small quantities. Any Telegames release is at least a 6 strictly in terms of rarity IMHO. The sports titles may stay low as even though they are rare, people tend to stay away from old sports titles. As we move further away from Telegames pulling out of the US market, these will become increasingly hard to find and will go up in value when their rarity is realized.

BTW, if you have Bogey Blaster boxed, I'm interested. Especially if its NTSC as that's one of the three listed in the AADB as PAL and I've never seen any of those that were NTSC.

Where does Night Stalker fit in that list?

946613[/snapback]

Night Stalker is PAL only

946616[/snapback]

Mine isn't. ;-)

They did offer that one for sale through their US store for a while.

I don't believe you, because I still haven't seen one yet. ;)

946633[/snapback]

IIRC, I'm not the only one who claims to have one.

Maybe we can start a poll & see how many exist. And maybe you can send it to CPU so he can dump it, see if there are any differences between it and dark cavern.

946640[/snapback]

That could be arranged. Though I doubt there'd be any differences other than it possibly being one of those weird ass PAL games that has few enough scanlines to work on an NTSC TV (a glorified :ahoy: which is what I suspect most of the titles they sold between 1994 and today are anyway). Either way, I bought it through Telegames US right before they discontinued classic game sales in the US and paid $45 + S&H for it.

Does anyone know why they decided to discontinue their classic game section?  Came as a shock to me to go on their US and UK sites to discover that they had stopped stocking classic stuff :?

946811[/snapback]

I suspect it probably had something to do with the release of Intellivision Lives and Infogrames becoming fake Atari as both happened around the same time.

Telegames UK:

32-in-1 (PAL)

Adventures on GX-12 (PAL)

Burgertime (PAL)

Football - Football (PAL)

Frogs and Flies (PAL)

Night Stalker (PAL)

World Championship Baseball - Baseball (PAL)

Telegames USA:

Air Raiders (PAL)

Armor Ambush (PAL)

Astroblast (PAL)

Burgertime (PAL)

Deadly Discs (PAL)

Lock 'n' Chase (PAL)

Space Attack (PAL)

Star Strike (PAL)

AFAIK these are PAL only.

I'm talking about Telegames releases here.

BTW: in which year did Telegames start releasing old Atari 2600 games?

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Lock n Chase should be another PAL+NTSC It is not a PAL only release.

Here's a recent auction for an NTSC Lock n Chase

What exactly is the difference in your two lists Rom Hunter? Do Telegames UK boxes exist? All of the Telegames boxes that used the M Network style boxes had a Telegames USA logo in place of the old M Network logo. Night Stalker box actually looks like an Intellivision box, but the manual still had Telegames USA logo on it.

I assume all of those listed as PAL were sold by Telegames UK correct?

Are you suggesting that some were manufacturered in the UK & others in the USA?

Using the wayback machine You can view the Telegames site back to 1997, and the US site did not have Bogey Blaster, Night Stalker or Universal Chaos listed for sale. But on the UK site they were listed there until just recently.

Telegames UK:

32-in-1 (PAL)

Adventures on GX-12 (PAL)

Burgertime (PAL)

Football - Football (PAL)

Frogs and Flies (PAL)

Night Stalker (PAL)

World Championship Baseball - Baseball (PAL)

Telegames USA:

Air Raiders (PAL)

Armor Ambush (PAL)

Astroblast (PAL)

Burgertime (PAL)

Deadly Discs (PAL)

Lock 'n' Chase (PAL)

Space Attack (PAL)

Star Strike (PAL)

AFAIK these are PAL only.

I'm talking about Telegames releases here.

BTW: in which year did Telegames start releasing old Atari 2600 games?

8)

946826[/snapback]

Are they true PAL carts or something in between? I've never had rolling issues with any Telegames releases on any TV.

What exactly is the difference in your two lists Rom Hunter?  Do Telegames UK boxes exist?  All of the Telegames boxes that used the M Network style boxes had a Telegames USA logo in place of the old M Network logo. Night Stalker box actually looks like an Intellivision box, but the manual still had Telegames USA logo on it.

Using the wayback machine You can view the Telegames site back to 1997, and the US site did not have Bogey Blaster, Night Stalker or Universal Chaos listed for sale.  But on the UK site they were listed there until just recently.

946857[/snapback]

I purchased most of my Telegames games direct from Telegames US & UK. I do not recall ever seeing Night Stalker on the Telegames site. All the copies of Night Stalker I have held were purchased in the US but turned out to be PAL. Some of those came from the tornado ravaged Telegames warehouse in Texas (water damaged)...still PAL. I have also purchased multiple copies of NTSC versions (QFQR, Kung Fu Superkicks) from Telegames UK. So it seems as if both operations had stock of both NTSC and PAL versions for some reason.

Boxes for US/UK NTSC/PAL seem to be exactly the same except for Baseball, which had a box titled World Championship Baseball for the PAL version.

Maybe we can start a poll & see how many exist. And maybe you can send it to CPU so he can dump it, see if there are any differences between it and dark cavern.

946640[/snapback]

That could be arranged. Though I doubt there'd be any differences other than it possibly being one of those weird ass PAL games that has few enough scanlines to work on an NTSC TV (a glorified :ahoy: which is what I suspect most of the titles they sold between 1994 and today are anyway). Either way, I bought it through Telegames US right before they discontinued classic game sales in the US and paid $45 + S&H for it.

946641[/snapback]

CPU says it is possible to re-burn Telegames eproms:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=77527

So it may be entirely possible that Telegames never released Night Stalker, Space Attack, Frogs and Flies, etc in NTSC format, and yet, someone could burn an NTSC image onto a current PAL eprom and we would have a new rarity 11 !

Using the wayback machine You can view the Telegames site back to 1997, and the US site did not have Bogey Blaster, Night Stalker or Universal Chaos listed for sale.  But on the UK site they were listed there until just recently.

946857[/snapback]

The wayback machine is wrong, then. I got Universal Chaos and Nightstalker through Telegames US and I know for a fact that I'm not the only one to get Universal Chaos that way.

Anyone with a DP guide (the last released version lists all of these as still available even though they haven't been for a while) and common sense could have also emailed them requesting a copy when ordering other items. Their site wasn't exactly organized when it was up from what I remember. I actually remember someone from here PMming me when I offered an extra I had for sale to let me know that the $50 I was asking at the time was too much and that they'd hold out confident they could find one on Ebay for $15-20.

Night Stalker is listed as NON-US in the DP Guide.

The wayback machine is just an archive of the site thru the years, and there were changes made in that time. But for the past 8+ years those three titles were not listed on the Telegames site. The telegames.co.uk site yes, but for the telegames.com US site no.

I was offering $40 each for Glacier Patrol & Universal Chaos last year & $50 each since early this year. I've seen some being listed as PAL on ebay, but the NTSC releases do not come around often. I passed on Atariaction's cart because I didn't want to have to buy a second pal copy to complete it.

Interesting.

I always thought it was PAL only.

What exactly is the difference in your two lists Rom Hunter?  Do Telegames UK boxes exist?  All of the Telegames boxes that used the M Network style boxes had a Telegames USA logo in place of the old M Network logo. Night Stalker box actually looks like an Intellivision box, but the manual still had Telegames USA logo on it.
The differences is in the boxes.

Telegames UK:

The Telegames logo on Telegames UK boxes only states 'Telegames' (although the Telegames USA adress is also mentioned on the back).

Telegames USA:

The Telegames logo on Telegames USA boxes states 'Telegames USA' (although the Telegames UK adress is also mentioned on the back).

This doesn't mean that Telegames UK boxes contain PAL only cartridges and that Telegames USA boxes contain NTSC only cartridges and it's also possible that Telegames UK boxes have Telegames USA manuals (and the other way around).

No.

There are also Telegames USA boxes with PAL cartridges and Telegames UK boxes with NTSC cartridges.

Like CincYnoTi said, both operations had stock of both PAL and NTSC versions.

The only way to find out if they are NTSC or PAL is to test them and count the scanlines.

In other words: Telegames is really driving me nuts.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Night Stalker is listed as NON-US in the DP Guide.

The wayback machine is just an archive of the site thru the years, and there were changes made in that time. But for the past 8+ years those three titles were not listed on the Telegames site. The telegames.co.uk site yes, but for the telegames.com US site no. 

I was offering $40 each for Glacier Patrol & Universal Chaos last year & $50 each since early this year. I've seen some being listed as PAL on ebay, but the NTSC releases do not come around often. I passed on Atariaction's cart because I didn't want to have to buy a second pal copy to complete it.

946953[/snapback]

What was it mising? I have a few extra Universal Chaos boxes.

The differences is in the boxes.

Telegames UK:

The Telegames logo on Telegames UK boxes only states 'Telegames' (although the Telegames USA adress is also mentioned on the back).

Telegames USA:

The Telegames logo on Telegames USA boxes states 'Telegames USA' (although the Telegames UK adress is also mentioned on the back).

I think VGA's description is better for boxes. There does not really seem to be a Telegames UK box style and Telegames USA box style. There are two box styles that were used in both the US and Europe: one with a Telegames USA logo with both US and UK address on back (see Deadly Disks box on AA), and one with a Telegames logo with both addresses on back (see Quest for Quintana Roo box on AA).

By they way, I think the Kung Fu box on AA is the Colecovision version. At least that is the box that the Telegames Kung Fu for Colecovision was sold with. Notice that it does not say "For the Atari 2600" at the top like all the rest of the Telegames boxes do. All the atari 2600 Kung Fu Superkicks boxes on ebay are the same style as the Quintana Roo box on AA.