IGNORED

I decided to buy a refurbished NES.

I hope not off topic but why don't all the games play on Generation Nex NES system ?

957037[/snapback]

The NEX is based on a crappy NES-on-a-chip inside, which inaccurately recreates the original NES's hardware. Just as is the case with an inaccurate emulator, an inaccurate clone doesn't have correct audio and video. For many games, it isn't a big enough problem to prevent the game from running... it just looks and sounds like crap when played. But for other games, the differences are big enough to prevent the game from running entirely or it may run but it will have horrible glitches.

Basically the plan with the NEX seems to have been to make yet another crappy Famiclone, but this time they've decided to at least make the clone look good on the outside. But you know the saying: "don't judge a book by its cover". Due to human nature, many people still judge books by their cover, and so many people have pre-ordered a NEX only to be disappointed with the numerous incompatibilities and crappy, inaccurate audio and video.

For the same money, you could get yourself an original professionally refurbished toaster NES. In my opinion, the case design for the toaster NES is the sexiest of all, though I may be biased as I've had one since I was 5 years old. You also won't have game compatibility problems, and the toaster NES has the best audio and video out of all of the NES systems. Just keep your carts cleaned and you won't have any problems.

For the same money, you could get yourself an original professionally refurbished toaster NES.  In my opinion, the case design for the toaster NES is the sexiest of all, though I may be biased as I've had one since I was 5 years old.  You also won't have game compatibility problems, and the toaster NES has the best audio and video out of all of the NES systems.  Just keep your carts cleaned and you won't have any problems.

957229[/snapback]

I think the toaster is pretty nice aesthetics-wise too.

It IS a bit too tall though, and if the cart door isn't closed the lines are broken up(cart door on mine was broken by the previous owner).

The NEX still has problems with the second issue. I don't like how the front cart port cuts across the white/gray line.

I think it's too small, too. I'd need access to one to judge for certain, but it looks it.

Basically, somewhere between the toaster and NEX would be my ideal NES, case-wise. Internally, toaster all the way, save the spring-tray setup.

Edited by JB