IGNORED

Flashback 2 shipping in Canada -verified!

I ordered a few FB2's for the Compusmart store I work at, and they shipped to the location this afternoon, due to arrive Friday/Monday. These have now shown up north of the border!

I've run a trace on the shipment, and they are indeed in transit from our distributor to this location, and both distributor and location are Canadian.

FINALLY!

I ordered a few FB2's for the Compusmart store I work at, and they shipped to the location this afternoon, due to arrive Friday/Monday.  These have now shown up north of the border! 

I've run a trace on the shipment, and they are indeed in transit from our distributor to this location, and both distributor and location are Canadian.

FINALLY!

954965[/snapback]

Someone should let sidcrowe know about this...

I ordered a few FB2's for the Compusmart store I work at, and they shipped to the location this afternoon, due to arrive Friday/Monday.  These have now shown up north of the border! 

FINALLY!

954965[/snapback]

"to the location" ? Where is "to this location" Canada? A little vaige on the location.

FINALLY!

954965[/snapback]

"to the location" ? Where is "to this location" Canada? A little vaige on the location.

955000[/snapback]

heh.. no to the Compusmart location that I work at which is in Saskatoon, SK. The online store has them in stock, too, or you can get one of the stores close by you to order one if they're not planning to bring it in anyways. 39.99 is the price tag.

As a side note, I was originally going to order just a couple for the people I work with that wanted them, and then when people heard about the FB2's and saw what they look like, etc, I now went from an order of 2 FB2's to an order of 10 of them just for my co-workers alone. :)

But yeah, short answer is they're in at the distributor/online store, and en route to at least some of the locations. I can't say that they'll all stock them seeing as it's primarily a computer store, but even if you have to get one ordered in to your local store for you, they can at least have one for you within one week or less.

I was even surprised that they'd carry them at all..!

-Dan

And I STILL can't get one until I get verification that the ones we're getting are the REVISED units :mad:

I should be able to let you know... well, I'm hoping mine shows up on Friday, but at least on Monday I'll have an answer one way or the other for you. From what I've heard, I'm 99.9% sure that these are Rev-B units.

And I STILL can't get one until I get verification that the ones we're getting are the REVISED units :mad:

I should be able to let you know... well, I'm hoping mine shows up on Friday, but at least on Monday I'll have an answer one way or the other for you. From what I've heard, I'm 99.9% sure that these are Rev-B units.

955249[/snapback]

Who's the Canadian distributor? The only people who I think would distribute them are those Video Game Distributors out of the Guelph area (can't remember their name) I'd be surprised if Ingram or another large distributor was ...

Who's the Canadian distributor? The only people who I think would distribute them are those Video Game Distributors out of the Guelph area (can't remember their name)  I'd be surprised if Ingram or another large distributor was ...

955265[/snapback]

We do use Ingram, etc for certain items, but our main supplier is company-run (called Multimicro). That's where we order all of our console/games/pc games/accessories/computers,etc etc etc. They get distribution right from the manufacturer and/or manufacturer's regional distro.

But yeah, out of the 10 or so distibutors we usually order from, they're the only ones that list the FB2 -- and I wasn't expecting even that since we're usually strictly a PC store. Saved me a lot of repeated trips to Wal Mart at the very least. :)

If you don't see any FB2's on shelves anywhere (wal mart/toys r us/etc) by Monday at the latest, I'd really suggest that you guys order off either the compusmart website or at your local store if there's one near you and they're not ordering them in for stock otherwise. Reason being is I can see how many they have at the warehouse, and it's not a huge number -- but they DO physically have 'em, so there you go. If you need, the csmart stock number is 738367.

I'm tempted to order all of the remaining stock for our store location, but I'll give you guys a shot at it first if you like ... the web-store = the national warehouse, so we're drawing from the same pool. And currently, free shipping from the webstore is offered on items 39.00 and up, so you're good there.

But yeah, any questions, let me know..!

Okay, I'm watching this thread for confirmation that the units are revised. Maybe Curt would know, too? Are the Canuck shipments revisions?

I do NOT wanna buy the buggy version    >:(

955353[/snapback]

I'll know on Monday -- though, I'm pretty certain we're getting stock from the new run up here.. I can't see why they would have held back part of the initial Wal-Mart advance shipment explicitly to send up to Canada .. More to the point, I also imagine they had to come up with some pack-in documentation/etc translated to French for us in Canada, and I can't see them doing that by opening up boxes from the original run and adding things; it would make more sense to do it from the new run as they're packed.

So I'm certain enough myself that I ordered sight-unseen from the supplier, but yeah, I understand not wanting to rush out and grab it until you know.

I'll be the Canadian guinea pig. If I can hook one up Monday morning to a TV here in the store when the shipment arrives, I'll post it here first.