IGNORED

Amusing thread over at DP

YOK-dfa

The last thing I needed today was a Vaselines song stuck in my head.

EDIT: Wait, those lyrics are from the shitty Nirvana cover.

961693[/snapback]

How about this:

You are my sunshine

My only sunshine

You make me happy

When skies are grey

You'll never know, dear

How much I love you

So please don't take

My sunshine away

You guys sound a bunch of Gamecube vs Xbox fanboys. Go to the websites you want to go to. Who cares.

963423[/snapback]

Someone needs to come up with an corollary of Godwin's law for videogame boards...something like:

"As an online discussion involving videogames grows longer, the probability of an accusation being made that someone is, or is acting like, a fanboy approaches 1."

:roll:

I don't go around bashing DP at every opportunity, but I'm not a member there and I don't visit DP very often - I find the graphic design and color scheme extremely unpleasant. I don't think I've ever even had more than a brief glance at their forums.

AA looks good, is easy on my eyes, and even works well with my odd display configuration (1280 x 1024 with fonts sized to 150% under Windows 98SE's display settings - the font resize breaks many website layouts which use absolute positioning or pixel-based element sizing).

I find the graphic design and color scheme extremely unpleasant. I don't think I've ever even had more than a brief glance at their forums.

That you've never had more than a brief glance is obvious.. since it's entirely possible to change the skin there to something less garish.

Does the attached DP screenshot remind you of a certain Atari forum you're currently browsing? :lol:

post-31-1131690194_thumb.jpg

Does the attached DP screenshot remind you of a certain Atari forum you're currently browsing? :lol:

963599[/snapback]

I use that skin (subsilver) too. But when you open a thread, you will notice the difference.

Especially the sometimes very huge sigs IMO heavily distract from the content. I never understood what they are good for.

I find the graphic design and color scheme extremely unpleasant. I don't think I've ever even had more than a brief glance at their forums.

That you've never had more than a brief glance is obvious.. since it's entirely possible to change the skin there to something less garish.

How do you change the skin? And is it possible, like here, to turn off avatars and sigs? Those things are annoying as hell (to echo TJ).

How do you change the skin?  And is it possible, like here, to turn off avatars and sigs?  Those things are annoying as hell (to echo TJ).

Yes you can turn off avatars and skins.. I think the "MSSimplicity" skin turns off everything except smilies...

Just go into the profiles page, and under the "Board Style" dropdown, choose your preference.

That being said again though.. with all the attacks on their boards and with them not really having the time or expertise to deal with it at the level it needs to be, who knows how much longer the forum will last in this state until it needs a complete overhaul. We'll see..

How do you change the skin?  And is it possible, like here, to turn off avatars and sigs?  Those things are annoying as hell (to echo TJ).

Yes you can turn off avatars and skins.. I think the "MSSimplicity" skin turns off everything except smilies...

Just go into the profiles page, and under the "Board Style" dropdown, choose your preference.

That being said again though.. with all the attacks on their boards and with them not really having the time or expertise to deal with it at the level it needs to be, who knows how much longer the forum will last in this state until it needs a complete overhaul. We'll see..

963807[/snapback]

Danke.

Heh. Strange, because I'm LOOKING AT IT RIGHT NOW.

965052[/snapback]

It must have *just* came back up then. It was definetly down...again.

965198[/snapback]

Guess what? It many not be down, but it is certainly NOT UP as I write this ...

Pinging www.digitpress.com [207.234.147.108] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 207.234.147.108:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss)