IGNORED

Looking for game package artist/designer...

opcode

Hi there,

<sigh> I must confess, this year was a very disappointing one to me. I was planning to release 3 or 4 CV games, just like last year, but it didn't happen. Which make wonder: why do I keep programming so fast if I haven't been able to release things in a reasonable time frame? :( I have many games finished just waiting for a release and this situation is really bothering me...

I really want to change this state of things next year, so I have decided to start looking for a second package artist.

This new artist first task would be to create the complete package for my "forever in making" game, Pac-Man Collection. I want desperately to release this game as soon as possible and get rid of this thing once and forever.

If you are interested, please send me a mockup artwork for that game. You don't need to include box or label design, since we will be using the established Opcode template, just the main artwork.

A few notes about the artwork:

1) It should include both Pac-Man and Ms Pac-Man.

2) Please don't use the Midway artwork as a template. As much as I am aware that it is in the US players mind, it is plain ugly. I would prefer if you use the Japanese version instead, or maybe even the Atari version.

3) Please keep the Pac-Man and Ms Pac-Man characters consistent. I mean, don't mix artwork from different sources... :)

4) Please use the official Pac-Man font...

Please keep in mind that you will be required to handle all package design later, and maybe we're going to need some additional artwork for the manual too.

Payment usually means a few copies of the final game, unfolded printed material, and some money too.

Feel free to post samples here or send me material. It would be nice if the artist has some free agenda for future projects too.

Thanks for reading this,

Eduardo Mello

Which is the pac-man style you want?

960098[/snapback]

The one to the left. But the Midway version for the logo is fine.

Here is some more sample material...

Please let me know if you need a scan with better resolution.

post-1432-1131122243_thumb.jpg

Hey if you like Ill HAND draw your labels for Pac-Man/Ms Pacman box art here's some samples of my Pac-Man art I did.

This one I drew some time ago as Pac-Man turn 25.

The next is I had to make a UPDATED label art for a hack Pac-Man 8K for the 2600 I drew both Pacman, the Ghost and even the maze. And for more info on that go at this Posted Link

post-5587-1131127439_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1131127487_thumb.jpg

2) Please don't use the Midway artwork as a template. As much as I am aware that it is in the US players mind, it is plain ugly. I would prefer if you use the Japanese version instead, or maybe even the Atari version.

Wow! For real? Although it's a little weird and not nearly as representational as the other Pac-Man art, the Midway art has always been one of my favorites! Perhaps I'm just partial to it because it is what I remember. :?

Anyways, I'll buy the cart regardless of what art is chosen.

Hey if you like Ill HAND draw your labels for Pac-Man/Ms Pacman box art here's some samples of my Pac-Man art I did.

The next is I had to make a UPDATED label art for a hack Pac-Man 8K for the 2600 I drew both Pacman, the Ghost and even the maze. And for more info on that go at this Posted Link

960149[/snapback]

Hey Atariboy, your drawings look really fantastic. Would it be possible to create a more complete drawing, so I can see that you have in mind for Pac-Man Collection? A rough hand drawing would be ok.

I was checking all your Pac-Man artwork and found that the original artwork that Guz Allen created for the 5200 version of Ms Pac-Man looks very, very interesting. It looks more "americanish", and has some "retro" quality which I just can't explain. Also, it has a cool 3Dish effect. What do you thing?

BTW, are you good with manga style drawings? I would need drawings for Knightmare and King's Valley in a not so distant future.

A last thing: I suppose you are more interested on creating artwork than complete packages, right? I mean, it isn't a problem at all, but I need to know so I can find a good designer.

Congratulations for the great work.

Eduardo

960149[/snapback]

Hey Atariboy, your drawings look really fantastic. Would it be possible to create a more complete drawing, so I can see that you have in mind for Pac-Man Collection? A rough hand drawing would be ok.

I was checking all your Pac-Man artwork and found that the original artwork that Guz Allen created for the 5200 version of Ms Pac-Man looks very, very interesting. It looks more "americanish", and has some "retro" quality which I just can't explain. Also, it has a cool 3Dish effect. What do you thing?

BTW, are you good with manga style drawings? I would need drawings for Knightmare and King's Valley in a not so distant future.

A last thing: I suppose you are more interested on creating artwork than complete packages, right? I mean, it isn't a problem at all, but I need to know so I can find a good designer.

Congratulations for the great work.

Eduardo

960362[/snapback]

Okay Ill do some drawings tonight on how should it looks plus some other idea for the Coleco package art.

Well here's my idea of the first take on the Pac-Man Collection here you see that I used the idea images from the Mocrosoft Arcade Set box but I cant just used the images right from the box cuase there's tests in front of both Pac-Man and Ms Pacman so I had to start drawing it from scracth plus I added a mazs backdrop to see how it may look.

post-5587-1131162087_thumb.jpg

Well here's my idea of the first take on the Pac-Man Collection here you see that I used the idea images from the Mocrosoft Arcade Set box but I cant just used the images right from the box cuase there's tests in front of both Pac-Man and Ms Pacman so I had to start drawing it from scracth plus I added a mazs backdrop to see how it may look.

960439[/snapback]

Nice! :) :thumbsup:

Hi!

I am really, really sorry I didn't replay before, guys, but I had an unusually busy week here. :(

Well, I thanks everybody for participating/reading, but Atariboy sent me some very promising stuff, so probably I am going with it. I will contact you, Atariboy, in just a few hours. Today is my bother-in-law's marriage, so I will be out for most of the day.

Thanks again guys!

Eduardo

Hi!

I am really, really sorry I didn't replay before, guys, but I had an unusually busy week here. :(

Well, I thanks everybody for participating/reading, but Atariboy sent me some very promising stuff, so probably I am going with it. I will contact you, Atariboy, in just a few hours. Today is my bother-in-law's marriage, so I will be out for most of the day.

Thanks again guys!

Eduardo

964579[/snapback]

Im almost done today on the art works opcode and Ill just send it to you on PM only or should I show it here with the fourm?

Edited by Atariboy2600

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...