IGNORED

WHAT are all the FB2 hidden games?

As far as I know, the hidden games are Warlords and Super Breakout. Both are paddle games.

To get them, you must turn on the console and do 197 somethin with a controller. It's all over the Dedicated Console forums.

I think there are also some testing programs. Like the test cartridge and such. But I can't be sure.

For the paddle games, the key is 1972, the year Atari was founded IIRC. This "key" is entered on the main selection screen of catagories by pushing up once, down 9 times up 7, down 2. then just move left or right to see the new catagory for paddle games. I'll have to look at it again, but I thought there was more than just Warlords and Super Breakout there. As for anything else hidden, I haven't heard/learned what. I'm pretty sure they do require paddle controllers though, but I can't say positively as I haven't tried to play the games with or without paddles yet. I just wanted to see what was there have have been pre-occupied with the non-hidden games still.

Having them play with a joystick would've meant altering the original games and really defeats the point of them being paddle games.

The only duel control game was the newly written Arcade Pong game which will normally use the included joyticks, but has the option of working with paddles if they are plugged in.

Curt

well i unlocked the paddle games i only found Super Breakout ,and Warlords. Bummer is they can't be played with the joystick which blowout my candle of joy of finding them.

960559[/snapback]

Sid,

Also don't forget the hidden diagnostic modes in the console:

Hold down Reset/Select with bw/color switch in color mode: Power on - Joystick diagnostics, color pallete, audio cues

Hold down Reset/Select with bw/color switch in bw mode: Power on - Paddle diagnostics mode for up to all 4 paddle controllers.

Curt

• 1 month later...
Sid,

Hold down Reset/Select with bw/color switch in color mode:  Power on - Joystick diagnostics, color pallete, audio cues

Hold down Reset/Select with bw/color switch in bw mode: Power on - Paddle diagnostics mode for up to all 4 paddle controllers.

Curt

960584[/snapback]

Say WHA?!? :-o :-o

Sid,

Hold down Reset/Select with bw/color switch in color mode:  Power on - Joystick diagnostics, color pallete, audio cues

Curt

960584[/snapback]

Say WHA?!? :-o :-o

983985[/snapback]

These FB2 diagnostic modes can be used to troubleshoot legacy controllers. They are documented in the currently pinned topic Atari Flashback 2 Instruction Manual & Secrets FAQ and elsewhere in this forum.

• 2 weeks later...
Besides the two paddle games (Super Breakout and Warlords) does anyone happen to know if there are any more hidden surprises...?

989205[/snapback]

just the hidden diagnostic modes mentioned earlier by Curt Vendel.

i think i am going to try the 1972 later tonight. does anyone know if you have to re-enter the code each time to play the extras? considering it doesn't have memory cards, i would think so. my flashback 1 and 2.0 make a nice addition to my game room!

Edited by atari_wizard

i am going to try the 1972 later tonight. does anyone know if you have to re-enter the code each time to play the extras?

The paddle games menu stays visible until you start a game. Once you start a game, you have to power off/on the FB2, so you have to reenter 1972 to get the paddle menu to reappear.