IGNORED

Caution: MGA retro arcade handhelds

davidcalgary29

MGA has licensed a number of classic arcade titles ("Centipede", "Asteroids", "Missile Command") from Atari and Namco and is producing a number of cheap LCD iterations in attractive "retro"-styled arcade cabinets (note that the items here are not the "retro arcade cabinets models".)

Packaging indicates that the LCD units replicate "real arcade sounds", but this is FALSE. My tested unit, "Centipede", is an extremely poor B&W port of the game with primitive alphanumeric graphics. Despite packaging claims, product value lies in aesthetics ONLY (and the cabinets are really very nice).

It's very true:

Asteroids - Plays like Avalnache/Kaboom, sounds a generic, none sound like any Asteroids sounds

Centipede - Play semi-like Centipede, well kinda. Sounds are simple beeps, nothing Centipede-like in sounds

Breakout - This plays okay. Sounds are also simple beeps.

The cosmetics of these are the best I've seen out of any of the little LCD offerings, however the games really don't have any redeeming play value unfortunately.

Curt

MGA has licensed a number of classic arcade titles ("Centipede", "Asteroids", "Missile Command") from Atari and Namco and is producing a number of cheap LCD iterations in attractive "retro"-styled arcade cabinets (note that the items here are not the "retro arcade cabinets models".)

Packaging indicates that the LCD units replicate "real arcade sounds", but this is FALSE. My tested unit, "Centipede", is an extremely poor B&W port of the game with primitive alphanumeric graphics. Despite packaging claims, product value lies in aesthetics ONLY (and the cabinets are really very nice).

961770[/snapback]

Sounds to me like MGA overproduced their handheld licenses. I'd wager my slew of Celebration Station tokens that the gameplay and graphics are the same as for the retro-cabinets and the flat cases MGA released for these same games.

First the flat cases, then the retro cabinets, now the retro-sytle cabinets...what's next? The retro-tabletop? :P

Bratz Babyz - Like a Baby Doll, Only Sluttier!

I will not be able to look at these dolls now without thinking prostitution

This one is called me love you long time

post-2304-1131470762.jpg

Honestly I dont see anything slutty about this girl ;)

962207[/snapback]

LOL BIG TIME :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Those fuckin' dolls are ALL sluts. The "Bratz" teens are made-up tramps, ala Paris Hilton. I can't believe some pervert designed BABIES/TODDLERS to wear blush, eye shadow, eye liner, earrings, naill polish, and drag around a little pet...JUST LIKE PARIS HILTON :x

Sick, dude :!:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Bratz Babyz - Like a Baby Doll, Only Sluttier!

I will not be able to look at these dolls now without thinking prostitution

This one is called me love you long time

post-2304-1131470762.jpg

Honestly I dont see anything slutty about this girl ;)

962207[/snapback]

LOL BIG TIME :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Those fuckin' dolls are ALL sluts. The "Bratz" teens are made-up tramps, ala Paris Hilton. I can't believe some pervert designed BABIES/TODDLERS to wear blush, eye shadow, eye liner, earrings, naill polish, and drag around a little pet...JUST LIKE PARIS HILTON :x

Sick, dude :!:

962503[/snapback]

Bratz actually celebrate a diverse culturally sensitive approach to dolls that has inner city appeal beyond the white suburbs.

More or less.... these toys are aimed at ghetto children.

• 3 years later...

Sounds to me like MGA overproduced their handheld licenses. I'd wager my slew of Celebration Station tokens that the gameplay and graphics are the same as for the retro-cabinets and the flat cases MGA released for these same games.

First the flat cases, then the retro cabinets, now the retro-sytle cabinets...what's next? The retro-tabletop? :P

Then a full sized Arcade cabinet.

• 7 months later...

I picked up Centipede today because I liked the looks of the little cabinet. (Game play on the cheesy LCD is certainly crappy as has been mentioned numerous times here)

As I poked around on Amazon and eBay, people are asking crazy prices like $35.00 to $50.00+ for these. The little cabinets don't look *that* good. (But, I'd probably consider trading my "Li'l Pac Man" for a Breakout if it's reasonably playable :))

Edited by BigO