• 0-50
    • 51-100
    • 101-200
    • 201-500
    • 501-1000
    • 1000+

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

How many games do you own?

Doesn't matter the criteria; that's up to you. Whatever the number is as you think of it.

Feel free to elaborate, of course. Do you count downloaded games? Do you count demos? Do you only count individual titles or does each individual item count?

What's the number?

What the heck, I was curious and actually counted. We have at least 2929 games including duplicates entered in the comp for our systems. I also didn't include the new ones that aren't entered in yet, our demo discs which number over 100 easily, or our C64 discs, and computer games as well as E-Reader cards.

So yeah, our final answer is too freakin many as well, lol. :ponder:

Maybe I should have added a few more levels (2000-5000, 5000+). :D

I have over 6000 games listed in my database, but haven't got all of my loose carts in yet, and I have yet to even start adding 8-bit computer titles.

Yeah, should have gone with more levels...

965898[/snapback]

It's not too late to cancel his one and reset the poll. ;-)

In my database which is admittedly out of date, I have close to 10,000 games listed. The only problem with that is the cell numbers are not differentiated to separate out hardware and systems which also show up as a number. Put me down in the too freakin' many category as well. I have storage space I rent out just to house some of it.

I definatley have well over 1000 games especially seen as I have a an Atari 800 XL, Lynx (only missing 10 games), 7800 (full collection), Jaguar (only missing 10 games), 2600 (over 300 games), 520 STFM (about 1000 alone!), Sinclair Spectrum (god knows!), Gameboy (10 games)

Good grief, I have no idea. Do ports of the same game across different consoles count? How should compilations count? How should public domain games written in BASIC count? What about games in old computer magazines that we haven't bothered to type in yet? Board games? How much does a deck of cards count? And what about all these ROM images for my emulators?

My head hurts. :)

I voted 1000+ just to be safe.

Edit: Okay, being slightly less of a smart-alec, but still every bit as much of a gaming geek, I decided to try and get at least a rough number by counting every unique legal, store-bought game I have for each console and computer (the eight 2600 Combat cartridges count as 1; the different commercial ports of Pac-Man count as 9 or so; Sierra C-64 Frogger and Parker C-64 Frogger count as 2, you get the idea). Compilations count for however many games they include, but only if I don't otherwise own the games in the compilation. Commercial emulators only count if I do not otherwise have the game being emulated on the system being emulated.

The number is still somewhere above 1000. I'm not quite sure where, but probably less than 1100.

Okay, now I've wasted too much time on this. :)

Edited by skunkworx

I chose 500-1000 since that most accurately represents the physical games I own. PC and Mac games on diskette and CD are included, as are ROM cartridges for consoles and CD/DVDs for same.

Downloaded emulator ROMs and CDs made from downloaded ISO files aren't included in the total. Why would they be? There's no way I would have anything like that, anyway. :ponder:

I have no doubt at all that I own over 1,000 unique games in physical form, between the various classic gaming consoles (hell, probably 600+ for the 2600 alone), modern gaming consoles, and PC/Mac games. And that's not including duplicates, which would push the number much higher. :D

..Al

I have 150 for the VCS alone. Add to that my 7800 titles and my N64 titles, that totals over 200 without touching any Sega system, any PlayStation games, or PC games (like the ones you get at EB, not the freebie or downloaded ones).

I have no clue how many Saturn games I've got--there's gotta be at least 20 of those. Ditto for PS1, I just don't know how many there are.

I've got 2 DC games and 4 PS2 games. They are: Hydro Thunder (DC), Crazy Taxi (DC), Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec, wipEout fusion, Final Fantasy X, and Final Fantasy X-2.

I had well over a thousand until a few weeks ago.

I have been selling everything but my classic game systems

(Anything Atari, Coleco, Intelly, O2, Vectrex) and I feel incredibly liberated !

No more Sega and Nintendo from now on! No more CDi, no more Turbo Grafx !

Be gone ! Let me see my basement again!

(And the extra cash is nice too. :cool: )

I now am 'down to' around 600 carts, and half of those are 2600 titles.

I voted 201-500 (my 2600 games, approximately 250) before taking into account my other systems: Atari 5200, Odyssey 2, Intellivision, NES, Commodore 64, Channel F, Super NES, Genesis, Playstation, PS2, Game Boy, Game Gear, Game Boy Color...that should put me at around 600 games.

Do Pongs (my Odysseys 100 and 300) and the Odyssey 1 count?

Edited by BassGuitari

I only included games I own for Atari systems, which puts me somewhere between 100-200. Even with games for modern consoles, it'd probably just put me over 200. Even then, there are many, many games I've played only once or twice. I tend to be a lot more cautious about purchases now than I used to be.

Edited by Nathan Strum

Hmmm....

70+ NES

100 SMS/markIII

20 game.com

60 2600

11 7800

15 Jaguar

30 C-64

5 Vic-20

45 3DO

30 Atari 8b

8 Wonderswan

45 PS2

10 PS1

5 Gamecube

200+ Gameboy/advance

4 Pokemon mini

45 Neo-Geo AES/MVS

3 Laseractive

4 N-GAGE

And I *FINALLY* found a guy that appreciates all of it, and can put up with my insanity. YAY!!!