IGNORED

Vectrex w/ 12 games for $20, good deal?

awsomo3000

Friend of mine has a vectrex, with 12 games that he'll sell to me for 20 dollars. I don't know if he has those little screens for every game (he at least has one). I was wondering if you guys think this is worth it. ARe vectrex hard to find. I read that there were only 30 games made for it, so 12 is pretty good i'd imagine. So let me know if you think I should buy it or not.

Thanks for the help :D

Buy it. Buy it now.

A Vectrex by itself can cost around $60 to $80, and games aren't all that easy to find in the wild. The overlays don't add all that much to the game, so it really doesn't matter if those have been lost. As long as you've got the games, you're good.

Buy it, and tell us what games came with it, and what you think of it. In my personal opinion, it's one of the all-time most unique game consoles ever made, and well worth the $20 your friend is asking. And before you ask, yes, it's supposed to hum like that when you turn it on. :cool:

Edited by SteveW

Buy it. Buy it now.

A Vectrex by itself can cost around $60 to $80, and games aren't all that easy to find in the wild. The overlays don't add all that much to the game, so it really doesn't matter if those have been lost. As long as you've got the games, you're good.

Buy it, and tell us what games came with it, and what you think of it. In my personal opinion, it's one of the all-time most unique game consoles ever made, and well worth the $20 your friend is asking. And before you ask, yes, it's supposed to hum like that when you turn it on.  :cool:

966371[/snapback]

Ahahahaha actually I was about to ask that, as I just got one today in the mail. I need a controller though...

I need a controller though...

966375[/snapback]

http://www.classicgamecreations.com/

John Dondzilla's site, he has rewired Sega Genesis controllers for sale. I've bought one from him, they work fine. The only thing is, you have to also use the Start button as a fire button, which is kind of awkward.

966379[/snapback]

I really like that genesis controller, I might get two.

What's on the multicart?

I don't really know which games are on the multicart, since I haven't been able to get one so far. I really need to get one, but I never get around to it. I read that Sean Kelly was too bogged down with his business to start making them again, and that they were going for a fair amount on eBay. I don't know if anything's changed since I read that.

Ok I got it today, :D It actualy had 17 games !!! 2 contollers, and ALL THE SCREENS!! (actualy I have more screens then I do games, there must be some games he forgot to give me)And most of the manuals too. Heres a list of games, I cleaned them all, and i tried a few of them, all the ones I tried worked, I'm sure there all good though, so here they are:

Rip Off

Berzerk (with manual)

Star Trek:the motion picture (with manual)

Cosmic Chasm

Scramble

Web Wars (with manual)

Bedlam

Blitz!

Pole position (with manual)

Star Castle (with manual)

Clean sweep

Armore "Attacl"

Heads up

Spike (with manual)

Starhawk (with manual)

Hyperchase

Solar quest

Does the vectrex normaly have a latch door where the controllers plug in? Because mine dosn't. But mostly its all great. Im Sooo happy i got this deal, the guy that sold this to me had no idea what it was, I feel kinda bad, but i's such a great deal!!!

Thanks all!

Im Sooo happy i got this deal, the guy that sold this to me had no idea what it was, I feel kinda bad, but i's such a great deal!!!

966883[/snapback]

You should feel really bad...So bad, that you want to send that system too me!

:D ;)

Congrats!

Ok I got it today,  :D  It actualy had 17 games !!! 2 contollers, and ALL THE SCREENS!! (actualy I have more screens then I do games, there must be some games he forgot to give me)And most of the manuals too.

Mmmmmm....

Where's your MineStorm overlay?

If you didn't know, the Vectrex has a built-in game.

Fire it up without a cartridge and you can play MineStorm, which is the single best Asteroids ripoff ever.

Does the vectrex normaly have a latch door where the controllers plug in?

Sorta kinda.

Because mine dosn't.

Actually... it has two of 'em. A controller doubles as the door.

You clip the notches on the back of the controller over the tabs at the bottom of the slot. Then you wrap the cord around the stick, lay it across the buttons, and flip the controller up until it latches.

It's kind of a pain to get closed, at least for me. But it looks nice.

I alreadt knew about the built in minestorm. and i just figured out about the controllers. It is soo cool. I put it on my desk like a computer...It is saweet!!!

966941[/snapback]

Just checking, since it gets missed a lot by the newly initiated.

And yah. The Vectrex is sexy AND fun.

Dude, that's an incredible deal any way you slice it. Do something nice for the guy though, it'll let those minor pangs of guilt and admittedly my own mild jealousy fade with ease. :)

Meh, I got mine for about $50 it came in a box and so did the second controller, I think the musty smell has finally faded off of it though. Only had minestorm with it, and I eventually picked up the multicart. I now declare 99% of my Vectrex desires fulfilled. :)

Enjoy the machine, as you already know, there's nothing out there like it.

Hex.

[ When it comes to odd, nobody even like me. . . ]

The Vectrex has a great selection of classic arcade games on it. And there are true fanatics out there still making new games for it. The Vectrex is the coolest home system ever made, which any Vectrex owner will tell you. Congratulations on your incredible deal, and have fun with it!

That's awesome... that's one hell of a deal.

966900[/snapback]

No kidding, Spike and Bedlam are fairly rare nowadays. I'm all green with envy :| ;) (I've got Bedlam though, at least)

They made Star Castle for the Vectrex?

966900[/snapback]

Yeah, it was one of the last (I think) batch of games that came out, like Bedlam, Spike, Spinball, Fortress of Narzod, etc.