IGNORED

What classic 2600 game would make the best movie?

Rhindle The Red

What classic 2600 game would make the best movie?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. What classic 2600 game would make the best movie?

• Adventure
    • Combat
    • Death Trap
    • Demon Attack
    • Dragonfire
    • Enduro
    • H.E.R.O.
    • Haunted House
    • Kaboom
    • Megamania
    • Pitfall
    • River Raid
    • Swordquest
    • Yar's Revenge
    • other

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I voted for H.E.R.O but after thinking about it there is an even better one that would go great for CGI. That is Frogger. I even have a plot outline. The Frog is living with his family in the swamps Florida but through a series of weird coincedences he finds himself

in Los Angelas. From there he tries to get back home to Florida. Avoiding a series fo near fatal incidences along the way. :D

Not sure if Warlords came out on 2600 before the arcade version (i.e. not sure if it is a port) but I think it would make a decent movie. Excalibur, Braveheart, and other similiar movies pit one against one, but it wasn't uncommon to have more than two houses feuding at the same time -- in fact it was probably the norm at one point. If done right, it could have potential.

~G

I don't doubt that in the very near future it will be feasible to make new movies "starring" dead actors, but do we really want to go there?

970665[/snapback]

Too late.

Note who's playing Jor-El.

970836[/snapback]

I knew about that - recognized Brando's voice from Superman in the preview of Superman Returns which was shown before Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. But there's no solid indication as yet whether they're merely including his voice, or cutting in the film footage (possibly including outtakes and alternate camera angles), or pasting only him from the original footage into new scenes, or making an entirely CGI, accurate rendition of him to accompany the original voice track but allowing the visual action to be different.

According to IMDB, they're just using the original film. IMDB trivia for the 1978 film mentions available outtakes. What a cop-out! As if nobody else could play Jor-El. :roll:

I knew about that - recognized Brando's voice from Superman in the preview of Superman Returns which was shown before Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. But there's no solid indication as yet whether they're merely including his voice, or cutting in the film footage (possibly including outtakes and alternate camera angles), or pasting only him from the original footage into new scenes, or making an entirely CGI, accurate rendition of him to accompany the original voice track but allowing the visual action to be different.

According to IMDB, they're just using the original film. IMDB trivia for the 1978 film mentions available outtakes. What a cop-out! As if nobody else could play Jor-El. :roll:

971654[/snapback]

The trivia for the new movie delves a little deeper. Brando actually filmed scenes for Superman II, back when the original director was slated to do both films. When production for Superman II, originally halted, started up again, Brando demanded a higher stake of the film. The producers balked, and re-hired the actress who portrayed Superman's mother instead.

All of this extra footage has become fodder for Brando's "performance" in Superman Returns.

And this isn't even the first time. Remember the Diet Coke commercials that "paired" Elton John with Louis Armstrong? And then there's Kung Pow: Enter the Fist.

I don't doubt that in the very near future it will be feasible to make new movies "starring" dead actors, but do we really want to go there?

970665[/snapback]

Too late.

970836[/snapback]

That wasn't the first...this one probably isn't either:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0346156/

Note who's playing Dr. Totenkopf (literally, "Dead Head" but not as in "The Grateful," more like "Deceased Head" :) ).

I went with the obvious for me, Adventure..

But could you imagine the storyline for Kaboom? Why is the convict dropping bombs? What mad vehicle is he using to jettison back and forth so quickly? Why was he in jail, to begin with, and how did he escape?

The hero saving the bombs from landing, how did he get in this position? What adversity did he face prior to carrying water buckets around? Is there a love interest?

:ponder:

970048[/snapback]

Wow, convincing. I'm voting Kaboom. I think it fits the zeitgeist of the "Homeland Security" (jawohl!) era.

970665[/snapback]

Too late.

970836[/snapback]

That wasn't the first...this one probably isn't either:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0346156/

Note who's playing Dr. Totenkopf (literally, "Dead Head" but not as in "The Grateful," more like "Deceased Head" :) ).

972512[/snapback]

I haven't seen that one yet (and don't really intend to). IMDB again describes this appearance as "archive footage". I'm talking about having deceased actors appearing as characters they never portrayed, in settings and scenes they never appeared in previously, moving and interacting with other characters in ways that simple archive film and occasional "Forrest Gump"-type tricks can't pull off, and even delivering dialogue they were never recorded saying. I think CGI is right on the threshold of being able to do that now - witness recent entirely-digital characters Gollum and Yoda. The only real things about them were actors providing their voices.

When computer software is capable of delivering lines with proper emotion and inflection in a specific person's voice, such that 95% or more of the audience would believe it was a recording of the actual person, and all of this can be inserted into a leading role in an average (not mega-budget) movie, I believe Hollywood, the moviegoing public, and the heirs of many famous deceased actors will have a major dilemma to deal with.

When computer software is capable of delivering lines with proper emotion and inflection in a specific person's voice, such that 95% or more of the audience would believe it was a recording of the actual person, and all of this can be inserted into a leading role in an average (not mega-budget) movie, I believe Hollywood, the moviegoing public, and the heirs of many famous deceased actors will have a major dilemma to deal with.

972935[/snapback]

On one of the Scientific American Frontiers programs on PBS, they met with a voice synthesis researcher who synthesized host Alan Alda's voice from some clips. This was last year, I think. Really impressive. So, yeah, soon.

"Tapper: The Motion Picture"

Tapper's Bar is going through foreclosure. The only way to rescue the bar is to hold a beer telethon.

Joaquin Phoenix stars in a Dreamworks production.

Renee Zeilweiger and Tara Reid costar

Coming Summer 2006!!!

Edited by Wonder007

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...