IGNORED

star wars ewok adventure

oldgame

the box art was actually just placeholder art whipped up by PBs house guys. notice how it doesnt relate to the actual gameplay at all, stormtroopers etc. proper artwork was prepared for the title by famed sci-fi painter hildebrant

anyways...

a thread from long ago and this picture should help

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...&hl=hildebrandt

ewok.jpg

the box art was actually just placeholder art whipped up by PBs house guys. notice how it doesnt relate to the actual gameplay at all, stormtroopers etc. proper artwork was prepared for the title by famed sci-fi painter hildebrant

anyways...

ewok.jpg

971582[/snapback]

I also saw a Revenge of the Jedi II wich the picture is over the sarlac pit. Have you seen that one

interesting, as any good star wars fan knows revenge of the jedi was the planned title. when i met larry (the ewok programmer) he told me that they were given advance copies of the script to develop game concepts from. prior to release they went to pitch their ideas to lucas, they were asked to come up with several concepts each. larry said that he and the programmer of star wars DSB were so intent on doing ewok and DSB that they intentionally made the other game concepts they presented lame. perhaps the sarlac pic game was one of those?

notice that ewok is game I and sarlac is game II

• 3 weeks later...
interesting, as any good star wars fan knows revenge of the jedi was the planned title. when i met larry (the ewok programmer) he told me that they were given advance copies of the script to develop game concepts from. prior to release they went to pitch their ideas to lucas, they were asked to come up with several concepts each. larry said that he and the programmer of star wars DSB were so intent on doing ewok and DSB that they intentionally made the other game concepts they presented lame. perhaps the sarlac pic game was one of those?

notice that ewok is game I and sarlac is game II

972821[/snapback]

I remembered seeing those boxes in a display years ago in a store far,far, away, Montgomery Wards in Pontiac MI. I always wanted to get those games when the boxes were displayed, the Ewok game is pretty cool, I wonder what the Sarlacc game would have been like! :?

Edited by ILA2600

• 3 months later...
Can anyone plase scan the box art and or label of this game in high rez so I can make a label art?? :ponder:

It's not high rez but here is a scan of my label. If you search the forums the same image used to make this label is posted in around here somewhere in a REALLY old post.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

anyways...

ewok.jpg

971582[/snapback]

I also saw a Revenge of the Jedi II wich the picture is over the sarlac pit. Have you seen that one

Very Nice

Someone should mock up a Sarlacc game. :)

I was hoping one (or more) of the homebrew Kings around here would make a totally new, from the ground up Star Wars game and call it ROTJ Game II. I don't want to see a hack job for this one, I love hacks but this game has background that just calls for a true original work.

I don't think it's a box, though.

I think it's just a picture from an ad.

I'd agree since you'll note it says "return" instead of "revenge". I've held the "revenge" box, its a one sided mock-up made for tradeshow display. I dont know if the ebay one is the same exact one or not.

ohh and isnt that label scan missing something...something yellow?

I'd agree since you'll note it says "return" instead of "revenge". I've held the "revenge" box, its a one sided mock-up made for tradeshow display. I dont know if the ebay one is the same exact one or not.

yep, I didn't include it cause it's not on of the ones you made so I don't think it's right to include it. I think this one will get the idea across (see attached label :grin: )

Edited by Shawn Sr.

yep, I didn't include it cause it's not on of the ones you made so I don't think it's right to include it. I think this one will get the idea across (see attached label :grin: )

Thanks fo that label but dont some one own the resl cart and box of the game I wanted to do the label with the box art from the origanil game box. :ponder: But I like to fine an high rez on that same label with the AT-ST as well and dont worry I wont sell any, Im WAY WAY to poor to make real carts:p

Edited by Atariboy2600

I'm a bit confused by what you're looking for but heres the simple story -

dont some one own the resl cart and box of the game

No, parker bros never got to that stage. They made a mock-up box to include in tradeshow displays and catalogs, this is the "stormtrooper/revenge of the jedi" version, several of these boxes seem to be floating around. The "AT-ST/ return of the jedi" artwork was comissioned by parker bros for the final release version of the game, thus it fits the actual gameplay and correct movie title.

Since the game was canceled before reaching production stage you wont find any carts from PB aside from unlabeled protos. At one point the game's programmer (Larry Gelberg) owned a copy of the AT-ST artwork, based on his description I searched the artist's portfolio til I found the artwork, Larry later confirmed it was the correct art. The artwork as found was not inside the silver gray label shape and did not have the ROTJ text above it, we added those based on the design style of the ROTJ Death Star Battle game label. A purist could argue on about the thickness of various lines and the type size, I know we did, so in the end its more or less as close as you can get to what a released version of the game would have looked like.