IGNORED

FB2 on the Ellen Show

Notice she says "play Atari." That's what we used to say back in 1980 :)

975369[/snapback]

That was in the day when saying Atari meant saying videogames in general, its like saying "I need a band-aid" when band-aid is a brand, its really an adhesive bandage or "go make a Xerox copy" instead making a photocopy...

Ah the days when Atari was king... Well, that little segment on Ellen is a nice PR shot in the arm for Atari for the holidays for sure.

CUrt

• Like 1

If you missed it, Ellen was showing off some holiday cheer yesterday and was showing off the Atari Flashback 2 on her show:

Atari Flashback 2 on Ellen

Curt

975362[/snapback]

What's the video format in? OS X Windows Media Player 9.0 won't play it.

Allan

Edited by Allan

Curt, Any reason why there hasn't been advertising on TV for the FB2 or furture FB projects? Not marketing it to the the crowd that lives for Xbox,PS3 etc...but for the adults like myself that have kids and want to share some time together. No need to reinvent the wheel here. I feel that "Atari" is a name that everyone knows and its in a position that it can stand from the crowd.Not because of fancy graphics but because it promotes family fun ........just like it did back in the 80's

Moe

Allan

975380[/snapback]

Loads fine in Media Player 10

What's wrong with those women? Are they on drugs or what? :ponder:

975379[/snapback]

LOL I thought the same thing, seriously why are they all excited over a toy? I'm not gonna even go into the quality of the units or games within.. I know I will pick one up myself evenually. I'm not gonna bash something until I've tried myself... but their response was a little exaggerated. Were these gifts to the audience?

Notice she says "play Atari." That's what we used to say back in 1980 :)

975369[/snapback]

That was in the day when saying Atari meant saying videogames in general, its like saying "I need a band-aid" when band-aid is a brand, its really an adhesive bandage or "go make a Xerox copy" instead making a photocopy...

Ah the days when Atari was king... Well, that little segment on Ellen is a nice PR shot in the arm for Atari for the holidays for sure.

CUrt

975370[/snapback]

speaking of Atari this holiday, they are really hurting! One game from a very old

and tired franchise (Matrix) and the stupid spray paint grafitti game! Aside from

from the flashback how do they expect to make money?

975379[/snapback]

You know, I thought the same thing - Why are these women all excited about a FB2? Video Game geeks I would expect excitement not a Ellen fan base. Then I realized that these must be gifts for the audience or something..

Allan

975380[/snapback]

Loads fine in Media Player 10

975379[/snapback]

LOL I thought the same thing, seriously why are they all excited over a toy? I'm not gonna even go into the quality of the units or games within.. I know I will pick one up myself evenually. I'm not gonna bash something until I've tried myself... but their response was a little exaggerated. Were these gifts to the audience?

975387[/snapback]

There's no version 10 for OS X. Can anybody convert it?

Allan

Curt, Any reason why there hasn't been advertising on TV for the FB2 or furture FB projects?

975385[/snapback]

It would be especially cool if they did some of those 80's style commercials where everyone looks unnaturally happy and amazed at the product in question. As long as the commercials aren't actually serious about their dopiness, it could be a lot of fun.

Just please don't do as badly as the old Zelda commercial. :rolling:

Ellen is pretty cool  :thumbsup:    Now just maybe the rest of the rev. a units at  some walmarts will be sold off the shelves.  I sure hope those women are still  excited when they play AD  ;)

975412[/snapback]

Of course they're excited. Its not often they play with something electric that doesn't need batteries. ;)

975379[/snapback]

Hi, welcome to american daytime TV. She could have brought out a steaming pile of shit on a platter and the women would have all gone nuts and fawned over it :|

Of course they're excited.  Its not often they play with something electric that doesn't need batteries. ;)

975507[/snapback]

Bamm! I was waiting for that one! :D

Hey, also remember, it does come with not 1, but 2 JOYsticks ;-)

Curt

975379[/snapback]

Hi, welcome to american daytime TV. She could have brought out a steaming pile of shit on a platter and the women would have all gone nuts and fawned over it :|

Of course they're excited.  Its not often they play with something electric that doesn't need batteries. ;)

975507[/snapback]

Bamm! I was waiting for that one! :D

975512[/snapback]

Curt, Any reason why there hasn't been advertising on TV for the FB2 or furture FB projects?

975385[/snapback]

It would be especially cool if they did some of those 80's style commercials where everyone looks unnaturally happy and amazed at the product in question. As long as the commercials aren't actually serious about their dopiness, it could be a lot of fun.

Just please don't do as badly as the old Zelda commercial. :rolling:

975433[/snapback]

...this is awesome...I always thought the old back boxes on Parker Brothers board games to have the same CREEPY FAMILY-itis style of 'fun' on their faces....

...and I remember that Zelda commercial!...man, you KNOW that cool kid was over at nerdly wonders house JUST TO PLAY Zelda...

..and dig those BLACK power and reset buttons on the console!...no way!...ever see one in the real world like that?....gotta love old commercials.