IGNORED

Second rarest 7800 game?

shadow460

OK, I've been trying to obtain a 7800 collection. In looking around, though, I've noticed that Mean 18 seems somewhat common, while I've hardly ever seen the two Froggo titles.

I'm about to see one of them every day when I look at my games.

According to the rarity guide, the rarest titles are Mean 18, which I've seen half a dozen copies of for sale, Tank Command, which I've seen two copies of, and Alien Brigade, which, like Mean 18, I own.

I've only seen two copies of Water Ski. It commands about $20 pricewise, whereas Tank Command and Mean 18 easily get two or three times that.

Why, I wonder, is Water Ski so stinking hard to find!? It's cheap and has a rating of 4 here and 6 over at digital press.

If Water Ski is really as rare as it seems when I'm looking for it, then why is it only an R4, and why does it sell so cheap?

I think it's closer to a 6 or 7, but the price is driven down by the rating here. It's certainly a lot harder to get than Mean 18 is.

BTW, I do have Water Ski on the way. If you'd like to sell a Tank Command, though...

• 4 months later...

Water Ski is as common as dirt compaired to it's former rarity before a HUGE stash of them was found. At one point the froggo titles where the top 2 for the 7800. Tank Command still rigns king but 2nd place is quit debatable amoung at least 4 or 5 titles pending who you ask.

Yes, there is a disparage in rarity for some 7800 titles between NTSC and PAL.

PAL Mean 18 is very easy to find, but very hard to find for NTSC. Conversely NTSC Dark Chambers is piss common, but quite hard to track down (it was one of the last titles I got) on PAL.

Other titles falling into the "easier to find on PAL than NTSC" bracket would be Alien Brigade and Planet Smasher. Reversely, those easier to find on NTSC than PAL include Midnight Mutants, Ninja Golf and Mario Bros.

What does a complete Tank Command command now? Maybe just glad I found mine for around $80. And it wasn't the last title I acquired (that was Scrapyard Dog PAL).

Scrapyard Dog NTSC is not as common as some like to belive. I have only personally owned 1 NIB, 1 CIB and I think 1 (might be 2) loose. Compaired to all other 7800 carts of the same raritu that I have SOOO many of I use them for donor carts..lol.. So ya PAL or NTSC Scrapyard Dog is not a simple find.

Scrapyard Dog NTSC is not as common as some like to belive. I have only personally owned 1 NIB, 1 CIB and I think 1 (might be 2) loose. Compaired to all other 7800 carts of the same raritu that I have SOOO many of I use them for donor carts..lol.. So ya PAL or NTSC Scrapyard Dog is not a simple find.

Scrapyard Dog is not that hard to find. At one point I think I had about 6 of them brand new.

I remember back around '93 or so, Big Lots had just TONS of sealed 7800 games for about $.50 each. I wasn't into collecting at the time, so I didn't think anything of it. I'd never played a 7800 before, so I bought a whole bunch to play (including a sealed Basketbrawl). Years go by, and I have no idea what became of them. Of course, I could kick myself now!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I remember back around '93 or so, Big Lots had just TONS of sealed 7800 games for about $.50 each. I wasn't into collecting at the time, so I didn't think anything of it. I'd never played a 7800 before, so I bought a whole bunch to play (including a sealed Basketbrawl). Years go by, and I have no idea what became of them. Of course, I could kick myself now!

i got my Alien Brigade from Big Lots when they sold them for $1 to $3 each and before i even thought of collecting for future profit :D

i think i picked up about 15 or 20 titles from there

i got my Water Ski from atari2600.com for $20 new

around the same time O'shea's had many 7800 games for $2 each (just before they changed them to $5 each and i think put a minimum on how many to buy)

i got Scrapyard Dog from there. i dont know why it would be hard to find

during my collecting on ebay for 7800 games Mean 18 came up twice and i won one (and he had 2 of them so i bought both)

while Tank Command came up alot more often, i wasnt ready to pay around $40 for just a cart, but i got one with the manual for $45 i think

i had a hard time with Ikari Warriors, Basketbrawl, Mean 18 and Tank Command mostly because in early 2003 there were like 4 or 5 people about to finish their collections

and by a hard time i meen that they come with a cart and manual minimum, boxes to me are a bonus but not

necessary

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...