IGNORED

The labels look good on carts... ;)

I finally made for myself all of the 'unreleased' carts from the FBII. I chose the earlier Red Labels that Atariboy made because I liked that they looked like a cross between the Red Label and the Silver Label 2600 types (and that they used the red from the FBII box) :) You see "Yar's Return" and "Save Mary" without a shell because of the Sara Chip (or lack of). Luner Lander also uses the Sara chip, but it's still playable without it.

I know some of these were released before (Saboteur on the FB1, and Atari Climber - or Climber 5 - as a homebrew), but these are the 'official Atari 2600 releases' (?) so I included them.

The only one missing from the picture is 'Frog Pond', only because there is no label artwork anywhere for it. :(

I did a stupid thing; after I created the Adventure II label and printed it, I overwrote it with the second set of labels (there are only 4 on a page). I wasn't too worried about it because I knew Atariboy would post his, and I'm 100% sure it will be better than mine. If I find/re-create it I will post it here, just so there is one until Atariboy posts his. :)

post-1787-1134234364_thumb.jpg

post-1787-1134234382_thumb.jpg

Edited by PacManPlus

Bob,

You're a maniac!!!

Nice work :-)

Curt

I finally made for myself all of the 'unreleased' carts from the FBII.  I chose the earlier Red Labels that Atariboy made because I liked that they looked like a cross between the Red Label and the Silver Label 2600 types (and that they used the red from the FBII box) :)  You see "Yar's Return" and "Save Mary" without a shell because of the Sara Chip (or lack of).  Luner Lander also uses the Sara chip, but it's still playable without it.

I know some of these were released before (Saboteur on the FB1, and Atari Climber - or Climber 5 - as a homebrew), but these are the 'official Atari 2600 releases' (?) so I included them.

The only one missing from the picture is 'Frog Pond', only because there is no label artwork anywhere for it. :(

I did a stupid thing; after I created the Adventure II label and printed it, I overwrote it with the second set of labels (there are only 4 on a page).  I wasn't too worried about it because I knew Atariboy would post his, and I'm 100% sure it will be better than mine.  If I find/re-create it I will post it here, just so there is one until Atariboy posts his. :)

980063[/snapback]

I finally made for myself all of the 'unreleased' carts from the FBII.  I chose the earlier Red Labels that Atariboy made because I liked that they looked like a cross between the Red Label and the Silver Label 2600 types (and that they used the red from the FBII box) :)  You see "Yar's Return" and "Save Mary" without a shell because of the Sara Chip (or lack of).  Luner Lander also uses the Sara chip, but it's still playable without it.

I did a stupid thing; after I created the Adventure II label and printed it, I overwrote it with the second set of labels (there are only 4 on a page).  I wasn't too worried about it because I knew Atariboy would post his, and I'm 100% sure it will be better than mine.  If I find/re-create it I will post it here, just so there is one until Atariboy posts his. :)

980063[/snapback]

HOW mush it will cost me to have both the labels and or game carts with the labels??? :lust: :lust: :lust:

• 2 weeks later...
I finally made for myself all of the 'unreleased' carts from the FBII...

980063[/snapback]

Wow. Seeing all those in cartridge form almost gives me chills. I seriously want to collect them all! No wait -- I already have every single one of those games, in embedded form, on the FB2!

Never, ever underestimate the power of nice packaging. Beautiful. :lust: :lust: :lust:

Thanks guys :)

I'm using the labels from 8 Bit Classics (pre-sized) and Microsoft Publisher to do the layouts.

The only problem is those labels only support laser printers, so I had to secretly use the laser printer at work to print them.  :ahoy:

980130[/snapback]

You know, I really need to watch the forums more often. I have been to busy lately. Anyway, these have turned out nicely!

As for labels, I plan on ordering the glossy inkjet's after January 1st finally. Will hold off on the Matte labels as I think more people will be interested in the gloss as they resemble the originals better. I can also get clear labels reproduced, but not sure what usage they would have.

Corey

Thanks guys :)

I'm using the labels from 8 Bit Classics (pre-sized) and Microsoft Publisher to do the layouts.

The only problem is those labels only support laser printers, so I had to secretly use the laser printer at work to print them.  :ahoy:

980130[/snapback]

You know, I really need to watch the forums more often. I have been to busy lately. Anyway, these have turned out nicely!

As for labels, I plan on ordering the glossy inkjet's after January 1st finally. Will hold off on the Matte labels as I think more people will be interested in the gloss as they resemble the originals better. I can also get clear labels reproduced, but not sure what usage they would have.

Corey

986065[/snapback]

If people obtain the clear carts, the clear labels could be quite useful, if there is a demand for them.

Cheers,

Tony

do you have the templates you used on publisher, and could you maybe post them?

986098[/snapback]

If you download the gimp - it's free at http://www.gimp.org/ - you can use the 8bitclassics.com Atari label template psd files from Corey at http://www.8bitclassics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6 to make your own labels. :cool:

Cheers,

Tony

do you have the templates you used on publisher, and could you maybe post them?

986098[/snapback]

If you download the gimp - it's free at http://www.gimp.org/ - you can use the 8bitclassics.com Atari label template psd files from Corey at http://www.8bitclassics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6 to make your own labels. :cool:

Cheers,

Tony

986219[/snapback]

We are working on general instructions over the holiday's one how to setup any graphics program to make a label. We use Avery DesignPro (http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=software.AverySoftwareDetail&catalogcode=WEB01&softwarecode=3200) for the actual printing. Our instructions have the settings to print using this software. We also have the publisher document (which PacManPlus created). We haven't gotten into that much, so that isn't uploaded yet.

Corey