IGNORED

Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective O2 Prototype

Tempest

The only Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective games i've ever seen have been FMV games on CD-based consoles. I'm having a hard time imagining full motion video on an Odyssey 2.  :D

982803[/snapback]

It was part of the Master Strategy series so it would have used a board and props. Apperently those haven't been found yet.

Tempest

Assuming this proto is ever released, I would be very impressed if someone were to deduce the appropriate board/pieces required to play it. Wouldn't even have to be the "correct" setup, as long as it led to a proper game in the end.

--Zero

Assuming this proto is ever released, I would be very impressed if someone were to deduce the appropriate board/pieces required to play it. Wouldn't even have to be the "correct" setup, as long as it led to a proper game in the end.

--Zero

983000[/snapback]

They'd get bonus points if it bore any resemblance to a Clue game.

--Zero

983000[/snapback]

They'd get bonus points if it bore any resemblance to a Clue game.

983037[/snapback]

Given how limited the O2 was, I'm guessing this is exactly what the game resembled. Still, it would be nifty to see.

Tempest

I'm a big fan of the Master Strategy Series. It was the one thing that had me wanting an O2 instead of a 2600 back in 1981.

I had not heard that the prototype for the 4th game in the series was found. I love mystery novels and mystery games, so I've always imagined this game would have been great. Giving the limitations of the 02 and my experience with the other 3 games in the series, it's proably only great in my imagination.

It would take some kind of genius to figure out how to play game from just the ROM. Or someone with a ton of time.

• 9 years later...