IGNORED

Millipede GCC Version

NightDriver

Hmm, I didn't realize the prototype was PAL until now. :(

I thought that some of the Flashback 2 consoles had the game on them(?) It would have rolled on screen then, correct? :?

//edit//

I just downloaded it on my Krokocart and tried it out. The title screen comes on just fine as though it were NTSC, but as soon as the game begins, the screen rolls and the game won't play - no sound or anything.

:| I hacked the scoring graphics some time ago so that they were easier to read - thinking the ROM was NTSC.

Edited by mojofltr

Is the problem that the prototype is PAL or is it just a poorly programmed NTSC kernel?  I always thought it was NTSC with just too many scanlines.  Why would GCC make a PAL prototype?

Tempest

985149[/snapback]

Yes, I believe that is correct. It is NTSC and a prototype, no doubt if they had gotten the OK from Atari they would have cleaned up the scanline problem before release.

Mitch

Yes, I believe that is correct. It is NTSC and a prototype, no doubt if they had gotten the OK from Atari they would have cleaned up the scanline problem before release.

985158[/snapback]

That seems a rather optimistic assumption. Perhaps they could have gotten the scan-line count down, but running a 262 line display with a normal-height screen doesn't leave a whole lot of breathing room. The screen may have been over-length because there was too much stuff to do in vblank (or if it was overlength due to carelessness, there might still have been too much stuff to do in vblank).